Music/CD suggestions for Kindie?

Discussion in 'Early Childhood Education Archives' started by MPSimecek, Aug 21, 2004.

1. MPSimecek

MPSimecek Rookie

Aug 21, 2004

Hey everyone!

Since it's my first year teaching Kindie, and I KNOW kindies love their music, do any of you have any good suggestions for "must haves" in the classroom? I'm hoping to find some CDs to use for "Motor breaks/Movement" and then some to use to gather them in circle, etc, to start the day.

Any and all ideas very much appreciated. I have one week left before I start with kids!

Thanks.
    Michelle

3. Margo

Margo Devotee

Aug 21, 2004

Anything by Greg and Steve or Hap Palmer. I love both of their music. Also, I hear good things about Dr. Jean but have never actually heard or used her stuff. Mr. Al is another one that is supposed to be good, but again, I can't verify.

4. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Aug 21, 2004

Check out www.frankleto.com
    I use his music with my 4/5 year olds. The kids love his songs!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 21, 2004

I've seen Mr Al in concert several times and he is great fun. He lives around here.

6. Margo

Margo Devotee

Aug 21, 2004

We were supposed to go see him last year but there was a terrible mix up with our busses and we had to cancel the trip. Lots of unhappy students.

7. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Aug 21, 2004

I use Dr. Jean and Jack Hartmann.

8. andy butzon

andy butzon Guest

Aug 21, 2004

pre-kindergarten teacher

any of dr. jean's cd's are great, especially Dr. Jean and friends and Dr. Jean sings sillly songs...must-haves for any preschool teacher! (Dr. Jean Feldman)[
    QUOTE=MPSimecek]Hey everyone!

Since it's my first year teaching Kindie, and I KNOW kindies love their music, do any of you have any good suggestions for "must haves" in the classroom? I'm hoping to find some CDs to use for "Motor breaks/Movement" and then some to use to gather them in circle, etc, to start the day.

Any and all ideas very much appreciated. I have one week left before I start with kids!

Thanks.
    Michelle
    [/QUOTE]

9. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Aug 22, 2004

I agree! My kids asked me just Friday if we can go on a bear hunt again next week!

10. mdl

mdl Guest

Aug 22, 2004

teacher

The absolute best music for kinder is Dr. Jean--she is the BEST for any need you may have--that's DR. JEAN!!!!!

11. SuzyQ

SuzyQ New Member

Aug 26, 2004

I like Raffi for some songs. We did the "Thanks A Lot" song for Thanksgiving and made a little book to go along with it....

12. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Aug 26, 2004

Dr. Jean and MR. AL

Hi,

I agree that Dr. Jean is wonderful. You can get her CDs at her webiste www.drjean.org Her CD Dr. Jean and Friends has all the morning meeting stuff that I have been using for the last five years. Her new CD has differnt songs for morning meeting :D So I am having a blast. Mr. Al has wonderful movment cds. My class also really enjoys Penny and Pals CDs
    Becky

13. Kelda22

Kelda22 New Member

Aug 27, 2004

Greg and Steve are great! My kids loved them.

14. Janiece

Janiece Guest

Aug 27, 2004

I like Greg & Steve and Hap Palmer and just recently found Charlotte Diamond (www.charlottediamond.com). The kids loved her "Slippery Fish" song this summer.

15. debbie

debbie Rookie

Oct 14, 2004

a local guy here has a group named Jello and has put out a wonderful CD for kids. Don't know if you can find it but highly recommend it.