Music and Dance Movements

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by Gwen, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Gwen

Gwen Companion

Sep 22, 2007

I found a way to control my crazy Kindergarteners, they love music and some controlled movement time. For example I have a cd that has the ensy weensy spider and 5 little monkies on it. However they will get bored of this AND I am not very creative. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a CD and movements to go with the CD. The CD will do me no good if I don't have some suggested movements to go with it. Im not that creative in terms of movements, dance and hand gestures.

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2007

I don't know the movements or know what CD the song is on, but our preks and kinders loved dancing the tooty-ta!!

4. Tambra44

Tambra44 Rookie

Sep 22, 2007

Dr Jean is always my favorite and she has a great website with lots of ideas and printables and cds (most with movements). Tooty ta is on one of her cds also. her website is www.drjean.org

Enjoy!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 22, 2007

I thought it might have been Dr. Jean, but I didn't want to post it and then be wrong.

6. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Sep 22, 2007

I also love Jack Hartmann, I went to a conference this summer and we all bought some of his cd's. My kinders loved it too.

7. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Sep 23, 2007

8. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Sep 23, 2007

I love Greg & Steve too. Dr. Jean would work as well, and all kindergartners LOVE Tooty-ta, it is hilarious watching them do it :lol Wee Sing has a couple of movement collections too. One is Wee Sing and Play and the other is Wee Sing Children's Songs and Fingerplays.

9. roamer

roamer Companion

Sep 23, 2007

I think I must be the only teacher out there who can't stand Dr. Jean. I use her stuff because that's what's available, but there are only a couple of songs that I can truly say I like. Tooty Ta is on Dr. Jean and Friends. I do like Macarena Months...helps them learn the months as they do the Macarena. It's on the same cd.

One of the girls in the k class I'm student teaching in brought a Learning Station cd - Tony Chestnut - in the other day. I liked it and may try to pick it up.

10. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 23, 2007

Carole Peterson has a couple of CD's that my kids love, too... and they come with suggested movements :) You might also try Jim Gill. Some of his CD's come with actions written down, but others, the movements are pretty much written in the song, so it's easy to follow.