Multicultural books

Discussion in 'General Education' started by newteacher26, Dec 7, 2009.

1. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Dec 7, 2009

I'm trying to find some multicultural books that also incorporate some history in them. I'm having a hard time finding any. Can anyone recommend any good ones? I have to find 5 different cultures and so far I've only found one.

Thanks in advace!

3. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Dec 7, 2009

Can you give us a LOT more detail on exactly what you are looking for?

4. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Dec 7, 2009

Not certain what you want, but you could perhaps do some pourquoi tales- there are some Native American tales, African American, and others. There are tons of multicultural books around. I agree, we need more information about what you need if we are going to help.

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 7, 2009

Go to Booksource.com. Start an account ever if you have no intention of ordering from them. Use their search buttons and ou'll find everything you want.

6. noreenk

noreenk Cohort

Dec 7, 2009

Librarian of Basra by Jeanette Winter, The Wall by Eve Bunting and Friends from the Other Side by Gloria Anzaldua. An age group would help us come up with more suggestions.

7. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Dec 8, 2009

To be totally honest, I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for either. This is all the information we received from both the class syllabus and the professor. She's not very great at explaining so I'm also trying to figure out what it is that she wants. It's probably why I'm having a hard time finding anything. I have found many multicultural books but none with a history theme to it, like she wants.

8. newteacher26

newteacher26 Companion

Dec 8, 2009

Thanks everyone for your replies! I'm going to look into the book and website suggestions :) Thank you so much!

9. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Dec 8, 2009

Some of teh American Girl characters are from a variety of races and background... all of their stories have some historical info in them. May not be exactly what you're looking for but might help you get started?

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven