MTX Therapy Services

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by dream2bateach, Jul 5, 2012.

1. dream2bateach

dream2bateach Rookie

Jul 5, 2012

Got a phone call the other day from a staffing agency down in Florida, called MTX Therapy Services. They said they saw my resume on Monster and wanted to know if I'd be interested in a special education position in Hawaii. In a nutshell, I would be rendering educational services for the Hawaii Dept. of Education. They told me they'd provide relocation assistance, paid airfare and a host of other attractive incentives. Overall, it sounded too good to be true. Being the realistic person that I am, I was interested in learning more, but very skeptical. There were too many red flags for me. I contacted the Hawaii Dept. of Education yesterday to see if they contracted with MTX Therapy to staff Special Education teachers. I thought it kind of odd that a Dept. of Education would contract with a staffing agency to find their teachers for them. I had never encountered that before and that was one of the first red flags that caught my attention. They emailed be back today to say that they had no affiliation with MTX Therapy Services. So, it's sounding like this MTX Therapy Services company may be a shady. My question for you all out there is, has anybody else heard of this company or been contacted by them? Or has anybody had any association with them? I am just kind of curious. Thanks.

3. dream2bateach

dream2bateach Rookie

Jul 7, 2012

Yes, their website does seem legit. I sent some questions to the recruiter and almost two days went by before she got back to me. Before she finally got back to me, I was really starting to think that I was right all along and that this company was actually a fraud. Because before, she was really prompt with getting back to me. But, as I said, she did eventually get back with me with answers to my questions, so that makes me feel better. Anyways, I think I'm going to go ahead and pursue it further to see what happens. I was reading the contingency offer she sent me and there's no guarantee that I will even be offered a job. It's only if Hawaii Dept. of Education is interested in me. If they are, I have to do a phone interview with them and then they'll make a decision on whether or not they want to offer me a job. So, all in all, there's no harm in at least seeing where this goes and if I'm offered a job, it would all be worth it. I still don't understand why Hawaii Dept. of Education said they didn't know of this company, but whatever.

4. gutterballjen

gutterballjen Comrade

Jul 7, 2012

I would be cautious of teacher recruiters. If you sign a contract from one of their job leads, they charge a fee of up to 12% of your first year's income. Just a head's up!

5. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 7, 2012

if you do sign a contract but do not get hired by a district are you allowed to look else where or are you stuck with hoping one of those districts will hire you?

6. dream2bateach

dream2bateach Rookie

Jul 7, 2012

Wow, thanks! I will definitely have to ask about that.

7. dream2bateach

dream2bateach Rookie

Jul 7, 2012

Not sure. I will have to ask about this also. I'm glad you guys are mentioning these things because I never would have thought about these things. This is my first time dealing with a recruiting firm as far as teaching goes. I'm trying to do my due diligence and gather all the information I can before I jump into anything. We're talking about potentially moving from Ohio to Hawaii, which is not something one just jumps into without doing some major soul searching, thinking and research.

8. mtxteachers

mtxteachers New Member

Jan 23, 2014

I am the manager for MTX Therapy Services. We have been a contractor for almost 10 years with the Hawaii Department of Education in providing PT, OT and SLP for all the islands of Hawaii. Last year, was our first year providing Special Education Teachers to a special program between the Hawaii Department of Education and the Hawaii Department of Health. We also recruit Math, Science, Social Science and English Teachers for this same program. Our contract is with the Hawaii Department of Education. This year, we started a dba name called MTX Education Services to refer to the teachers we place in Hawaii.

The Hawaii Department of Education is a very large entity, they have many outside contractors, just like us, working with them. You should look at the purchasing department to verify any company if they have a valid contract with them. I am willing to show you part of our contract with them that is signed by the Superintendent to any one who still doubts after this posting.

I appreciate your concerns about being too good to be true and unscrupulous agencies. However, this is not us. We always strive to be very professional and hire the very best qualified staff for the clients that we serve. AND WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY RECRUITING FEES.

Our toll free number is 800-918-7700. If you have any more concerns or questions please call us.

We currently have two openings for Special Education Teachers that we are actively recruiting.

9. bentheredonthat

bentheredonthat New Member

Apr 18, 2015

Numerous turnovers with this company. In my opinion they are a very unfriendly/unfair employee company. I had many great reviews from them and all other companies I've taught at. With that said...Do not make the mistake I made by working for them. I am not alone in my opinion. Advice:...Run...don't walk...from this company.