Ms. Jasztal's Fourth Grade Classroom Photos

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

3. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2007

Really nice, wow you have a HUGE room. The only thing the reading area is missing is a chair......otherwise you have it all

4. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 18, 2007

Your room is wonderful. It is so big. You have it arranged so nice. Each section is so inviting and full of knowledge. Your students are going love their room.

5. ms_teacher

ms_teacher Companion

Aug 18, 2007

I love your room!! So inspiring... Where did you get the book displays from?

6. hipteachergirl

hipteachergirl Companion

Aug 18, 2007

Where did you get the spinning book rack? I would love one of those!

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

The three chairs with the cushions are across from the bookcases. :woot: This is my first year with chairs in my classroom library!!

8. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

I got the displays from a CVS fixtures sale when they closed a store. If you don't have a CVS, it's a drugstore. They were $10.00 each. :)

9. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

My friend who owns a scrapbooking store... for free!! However, I'd ask a scrapbook store person where the fixtures come from initially. This one was intended for scrapbooking items, obviously, yet it fits chapter books. :)

10. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Aug 18, 2007

Oh, that must have been in the one picture I skipped...sorry. I just couldn't see them in the shot showing the whole area.....

I do love that big book case though

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

That was from Wood You for about $100.00. I very much love it, too, and I desired to organize the books like books, so I gave them codes to keep them organized. They are numbered and categorized by genre as well. :)

The chairs were from last year's car wash fundraiser, and I realized they weren't going to much use in my garage!! :lol:

12. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 18, 2007

A lot of love was put into that room! Tell me about the postcards and the display in the library.

13. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Aug 18, 2007

Ms. Jasztal, your room is so creative and personal! Your kids are going to love it!

14. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 18, 2007

The posters and some of the folders looked like you did the art on them... did you do those or did the students? (I'm think of the Cell poster and the WR Science folders. There were others too)

If so, you're a great artist. No wonder your website is so amazing.

15. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

Yes, that is my art. :blush: Their work will eventually be posted around the room, though.

I need to take a photo of my hallway bulletin board... the theme is building the foundation of a house with paint cans, hammers, and paintbrushes.

16. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

The postcards on the door are all from Florida, mainly from St. Augustine. They are to satisfy the history buffs and myself, though generally everyone is fascinated with them.

The display... the spinning rack has Newbery and Sunshine State Reader books on it, though the double copies of the Newbery books are on the double copy shelf.

Wow, everyone. I appreciate the love! :wub: It was endless hard work- I dropped a force and motion ramp on my toe and rolled over the same toe with a wheel of a cart. PAINFUL. Yet that happened two months apart... :lol: Then all the hauling... and cataloging those BOOKS... don't even get me started there. :toofunny:

The kids at Open House seemed to love the room, too. Most went to the gerbils, yet they were fascinated with the library. Some kids even looked through the folders in the crate. I had a few look at the Social Studies section as well. It's going to be good... I hope!!

17. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 18, 2007

Congratulations on a successful Open House. Your room is terrific. I love the Florida kiosk.

18. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 18, 2007

Thank you! There were 16 families at Open House. I was in absolute shock. I told the families that I want to see them a lot this year. :)

I'll go check in with you elsewhere and ask how you're doing health-wise. My toe is all right, though I was limping for a while a few days ago.

19. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Aug 19, 2007

B-E-A-Utiful! One day the Lord is going to bless me with a room that large! Very Creative! Kudos!

20. Ms.AD1

Ms.AD1 Rookie

Aug 19, 2007

AMAZING!!! I have a quick question for you...I would love to borrow your writing centre ideas...Could you tell me what is written on the "Be An Author" poster? Also, could you tell me the significance of the frying pan? You deserve a pat on the back for all of your efforts...your students and their families will really appreciate all you hard work!

21. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 19, 2007

Your room is a place where learning and creativity take place. You should be very proud of yourself!

Do you mind sharing your Just Right Reading chart?

22. MrsLilHen

MrsLilHen Comrade

Aug 19, 2007

Can you tell me more about the florida Kiosk?

Awesome room!

23. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 19, 2007

Ms J. your room is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME :) I am so envious, not only of the organization (I am trying and it is definitely better than it was in the mobile the past two years) but also of the variety of activities you have available for your kids to choose from when they are finished. More information please ?

24. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Aug 19, 2007

Fabulous room, Ms. Jasztal! Very impressive! I bet the students are thrilled when they learn that they are to be in your classroom! You are so lucky to have cubbies -- they are so much quieter (and generally neater) than lockers!

I do have one question, though. On your first day schedule, there are a couple of spots (12:32-1:00 and 1:50-2:30) in which there are arrows pointing at something on the other side of the poster. Unfortunately, whatever it is that they are pointing to is unseen to us in your picture! What is it that they are pointing to?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  25. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 19, 2007

Ms.AD1- There isn't much on there, to be honest!! It talks about pen pals and how kids can use paint color samples to find interesting names of colors. However, the frying pan has "deadpan" words like said and good that can be fried up and replaced with better words. :)

PWHatley- Right now, there is nothing up there because that's time I'm spending on procedures and getting-to-know-you activities.

Etcetera83- The chart comes from Mrs. Newingham's third grade site. :)

Mrs. LilHen- The kiosk is a box from UHaul covered with different items. One side is dedicated to America's Oldest City, another is dedicated to early Florida history and wars, the third is space, and the fourth is nature.

MelissainGA- We have tangrams, quiz books, language arts Vis-A-Vis centers, journal writing, and silent reading, mainly. :)

26. Ms.AD1

Ms.AD1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

I noticed it's your 1st day of school today! Best of luck & let us know how the day went!!

27. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 20, 2007

Thanks! I really hope your day went well. I read your other post and know you were nervous. I am absolutely positive that you were great!

28. Mommyof2xys

Mommyof2xys Rookie

Aug 20, 2007

Great Pictures!

Where did you get your Hollywood clapboard that is under your schedule?

Thanks!

29. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 20, 2007

The Hollywood clapboard was from the party store. I've seen it in a few party stores...

I had a few boys today try my limits! :( I seperated two because... well, it had to happen. 90% of the day, they were on task. I just have yet another social group this year, and that's ok, but it's like you have to get into a certain mode to treat them accordingly.

It's like you see the meek and quiet version at Open House... and then the school version is very, very different. We'll see how it all goes. Just pray for the class, I guess. :)