Ms. I...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Oct 15, 2010.

1. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Oct 15, 2010

Thought of you! Lol

[​IMG]

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2010

So cute. I have a Boston Terrier, thanks to the help of Ms. I. I wish they had that shirt in adult sizes!

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 15, 2010

Very cute sciteach! If I had a young daughter, I'd definitely get that. :)

5. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2010

Ms. I have you bought any cute BT shirts or things or maybe even a Christmas ornament? If you have, where did you get it from?

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 15, 2010

It's not that easy to find BT ANYTHING. The few stores that have various dog breed things don't always have our Bostons! :( :mad:
    No shirts, but my mom got me a BT shaped purse from Stein Mart long ago:
    http://www.amazon.com/Fuzzy-Nation-Boston-Terrier-Handbag-Bags/dp/B002NSPEDU

I also got a BT (piggy) bank at Urban Outfitters, coffee mug, & potholders. I've looked for BT jewelry on & off, but never really found it yet...even at a pet expo! You pretty much have to search online for BT stuff. This is the MOST extensive site of Boston stuff I've ever found:
    http://shop.cafepress.com/boston-terrier

I want to get a few of these luggage tags:
    http://www.funnyfur.com/dog-luggage-tag-boston-terrier.aspx

Also look here:
    http://www.bostonterriergifts.com/misc-gifts.html

7. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Oct 15, 2010

Cute things! I have to start making my Christmas list!

8. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Oct 15, 2010

We have 2 BTs. Orie is about 11 1/2 years old and rules the household. She is so dainty and cute. Tank is only about 1 1/2 years old and still finding his way. Love the shirt!

9. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Oct 16, 2010

Ms. I ---

They are having a petapalooza in Ontario this weekend, have you been to ones they've had in the past? My husband and I are going and are looking into adopting a dog. Was just wondering how it is, if you've been there before! :)

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 16, 2010

MissWull, I've been to dog shows & pet expos, but never actually this exact event, but it looks great! You'll have to tell me how it is. What breed are you loking to get? I love breeds that you don't see everyday: Bostons of course, French Bulldogs, Miniature Schnauzers, Affenpinchers, & I do love Pugs & Pomeranians.

Have fun!

I got my dog from a breeder I found out about when emailing this lady in charge of referring people to breeders on the Boston Terrier Club of America site.

11. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 16, 2010

Momma C, do you by any chance belong to a BT discussion board? I do! It's called Woof! A Boston Terrier Board. I've been a member of that since 2/2005, right before I got my Boston at 8 wks.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 16, 2010

Emma35, have fun shopping! You'll have to tell me what you end up getting.

13. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2010

Yes MommaC you must check out WOOF. There is an owner there with a BT named Tank. Is that you?

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 16, 2010

That's what I was wondering as well!

15. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Oct 16, 2010

Ok, apparently the pet show was in Irvine...the website was very misleading...so not fun when we drove to Ontario and then found a phone number and heard a recording that it was at the OC Great Park in Irvine!

Anyway, it was free admission but cost $10 to park...a bit steep if you ask me. It was really small, only about 4 aisles of vendors and rescues. I think there were more vendors than anything. We saw a few dogs, but didn't end up bringing any home.

We really want a frenchie, but we don't have the money for one right now. So instead of saving to get one when we need to be putting that amount of money elsewhere, we decided we want to adopt. We are siding more toward boxers and terriers. I would also love to have a brussels, they're so cute with their little man faces! We've gone to a shelter in Ontario, the pet thing today and then a couple of petco's...but our search continues!

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 17, 2010

MissWull, hmm, when you posted about Petapalooza, I Googled that name & found this site:

http://www.bringfido.com/event/city/ontario_ca_us/

According to when you click on MAP, you take the 10 west fwy, exit on Holt, mk a right on Convention Ctr Wy, which turns into D St, so it was some outdoor event. So it wasn't there? How strange. :confused:

Searching for dogs is fun work to me! I found my aunt her Bichon Frise. I don't know where in CA you are, but I found this site long ago & attended as many dog shows as I could:

http://jbradshaw.com/shows.htm

I also strongly urge you to attend this pet expo held every spring at the Orange county fairgrounds. They'll post the 2011 dates (always in April):

http://www.petexpooc.org/

I had narrowed my decision down to either Bostons or Frenchies & had fun attending the shows close to me on that above site & talking to breeders & handlers, & getting my name on their litter lists, so when they have another litter of puppies, I'm hopefully called (it depends on which person you are on their lists). Yes, Frenchies are expensive. They're usually anywhere from $1800 - 2500. One breeder wanted $3500. They are super cute though. Shelters don't really have many of the rare breeds you may really want, so don't settle just because a certain breed's easier to obtain. If you really want a certain breed, get it. I had my heart set on a purebreed male Boston & got him. But, if you want to adopt, there's rescue grps for just about every breed out there.

I do like Brusssels Griffons too & Italian Greyhounds.

I did about 8 mos of dog research & finally got the Boston I wanted & I've never regretted if for a second. He's such a joy!

Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any other questions. I added a little more info in a PM to you too! :)

17. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Oct 18, 2010

Thanks for the info!

Yes, I went to that website as well for the pet show they just had...very misleading isn't it? My mom had actually heard on the radio that it was in Irvine, which led us to call the number...and find out that it really was in Irvine. Ay yi yi... good thing my husband was willing to drive all the way from Ontario to Irvine!

I'm in Riverside county. I've actually been to the Pet Expo many times...but never when I was deciding to get a dog. I'm not sure if we can/will wait until next spring to get one...but if we do I'll definitely attend.

18. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Oct 18, 2010

Originally Posted by Emma35
    Yes MommaC you must check out WOOF. There is an owner there with a BT named Tank. Is that you?

That's what I was wondering as well!
    ------------------------------- Actually, this is the first forum/discussion board that I have ever been on. I always wondered why my hubby loved it so much - and now I know. I will definitely be checking out WOOF. Thanks....:)