Ms.Bee?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by futureteach21, Sep 16, 2009.

1. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 16, 2009

We haven't heard from you in a while! If you see this, let us know how first grade is going :) I'm sure you are doing a wonderful job!

3. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Sep 20, 2009

HA!!! I have not been on here in FOREVER!!!
    Thanks for thinking of me. First grade is going good. I just never have time for anything. I am pretty organized and its hard for me to stay organized all of a sudden.
    I got through my first two weeks and Back to School Night. I had a parent get really angry at me one day and another day I had meltdown where I almost cried.
    BUT
    things are going well. I love my class and my school and the people I work with.
    A lot of the jobs that I never heard from that I went on interviews for are starting to call me because their numbers ran high and they need another teacher. Sorry but I'm taken already. lol

The only trouble I am having is I am not getting enough direction as to what I am supposed to teach. I like to have my week planned out but I have been going day by day. No real direction. Hopefully this week will be better.

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Sep 20, 2009

I know you hear it all the time from the vets, but it does get easier.

Last year I was mostly day by day until June (not trying to scare you!)

This year I am 4 weeks ahead! Yay!

5. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Sep 20, 2009

Yes they keep saying it gets easier but when!! NEXT YEAR!!! lol

6. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Sep 20, 2009

I'm glad you are doing well :) And its good to hear from you! Just keep doing the best you can and you will succeed!

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2009

The second year in the same grade is always easier. I'm going through a similar situation with my first year in 1st...and this is my 7th year teaching!

8. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 20, 2009

HAH! I could have written so much of your post-- including the job offer AFTER we signed a contract with another district! However, I've had six meltdowns so far-- but who's keeping count? :whistle:-- three of which were in front of other teachers (in the privacy of my or their classrooms, at least!).

I'm so happy that things are going well for you, though!

One of my colleagues informed me that the first year of teaching is pure hell... and then another chimed in saying (jokingly) the second year is just hell. :dizzy:

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Sep 20, 2009

That's great that you like your school and class, MsBee!

10. MsBee

MsBee Devotee

Sep 20, 2009

Thanks EVERYONE!!!
    I promise to keep you all posted. Its just so hard to do anything else but work stuff.

11. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2009

I would say second year is a bajillion times better than first year! And I've heard the third year is when you really start to feel comfortable (although I wouldn't know, because I'm starting over in a new grade, and like leigh said, that's almost just as much fun as the first year all over again!) No one tells you how hard the first year will be--probably because no one would be crazy enough to try it if they knew! :dizzy:

All joking aside, though, you will make it through. Each month some things will get easier, and you'll be better at tackling the new things that pop up.

12. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Sep 21, 2009

Even with people saying how hard the first year is, it's way too hard to truly understand until you've been there yourself! I never knew what stress, exhaustion, and insanity really were until now!! :p I am glad to hear it gets better, though... I'm doing well right now, but most days I feel it's all I can do to keep my head above the water.