moving up celebrations

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by maggiedoodle, May 8, 2007.

1. maggiedoodle

maggiedoodle Rookie

May 8, 2007

Hi! I was just wondering how other schools handle end-of-the-year awards and moving up ceremonies? We're looking for new ideas instead of the boring old awards ceremony where the same kids get lots of awards, and the same kids get one or none...I'd love to hear how you cvelebrate in your school! Thanks!

3. kburen

kburen Cohort

May 8, 2007

K-4 have a different ceremony than the rest of us do. I think they handle theirs the same way though. With 5th grade ours is bigger since it's their last year here. We have the typical speaker to encourage the kids to do their best, some songs that the kids sing, some special awards are presented, and the teachers line call their kids up. The kids line up by classes and each child is given a folder....In the childs folder they will find at a minimum, 3 certificates. This way, all kids participate and receive SOMETHING (even if it's a certificate that says "thanks for being in my class!") and noone knows who does and doesn't pass to the next grade.