Moving Tips?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by MuckeyBusiness, May 25, 2009.

1. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

I'm making a list of main things that I need to have when I move into my apartment. Does anyone have any suggestions of things I need to pack/buy or things I need to do before I move into my apartment. Can't wait to move into my apartment because I think that it will really help me being closer to work and I won't be as stressed because of the housemates because they won't be there!!!

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

May 25, 2009

I think some of the most important things are cleaning supplies and toliet paper :)

4. Anne wmcosuvamu

Anne wmcosuvamu Companion

May 25, 2009

When I moved into my own apartment, I needed everything because my roomie in college had a houseful of stuff by the time I met her.

The most important things that I went right out and bought?
    A broom (and dustpan) and a kitchen trash can!!

5. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

May 25, 2009

I'm moving this weekend...have cleaning stuff out, t.p., and some drinks and something to snack on, especially if other people are going to help you! I bought a case of water today and a 12 pack of coke.....good luck!!

6. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

May 25, 2009

A couple of table or floor lamps if your place doesn't have overhead lighting.

7. MuckeyBusiness

MuckeyBusiness Companion

May 25, 2009

anyone have a good moving checklist... i live in a house now and i'm moving to an apartment

8. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

May 25, 2009

I don't have a good checklist but I'm a pro at moving--I've moved every summer since graduating high school in 2003. Thankfully this will be my last summer of moving for a while!!! We're buying a house this summer. We close June 22.

Anyway... some tips...
    *Label each box
    *If you have important/special things make sure you put them in a box and leave that in the car and not with the other stuff where it can break
    *Stock up on newspaper to wrap stuff
    *This is a GREAT time to clean out your closet! Every time I move I give a big bag of clothes to Goodwill or friends. If I haven't worn something for a year or more it's gone.