Moving time again a new chapter in my life

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kevmic28, Jul 25, 2013.

1. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 25, 2013

I move back across the state in ten days. Back to Fort Worth from Nacogdoches. Last year I moved from Fort Worth to Nacogdoches last minute for a job. Many of you may remember my saga but if not its here: http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=162678
    After getting a year of experience I had not problems getting interviews and a job compared to last year.

I drove up on Monday and found a house in Arlington about two blocks from the lake. Great schools for my son and only about a 12 mile drive to my school in Fort Worth. My son is so happy we are moving back to the area and close to family. Ill rent for a year and take my time finding a house to buy.

I'm so happy to get out this school. The things I was warned about at the school were even worse than they were made out to be. Its crazy but I survived. I never met so many two faced stab you in the back in a heartbeat people on my life and I worked for an airline for 13 years. So I kept to myself and didn't make many friends there. Actually it was a pretty lonely experience working there. So I am looking forward to a new year and new experiences and close to my friends again. So many things to do up there compared to here not to mention the huge pay raise going up there.

So the third of August starts a new chapter in my life.

3. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 25, 2013

I remember last year!! Best of luck! So happy that things have worked out :) sometimes we have to walk through sh** before we get to flowers :) (or something like that)

4. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 25, 2013

I remember last year too! What is your new position like?

I'm glad you survived, however awful it was. I had a tough year too, subbing in a very disorganized school with little in the way of support. And I mean SRBI procedures not being implemented, even! My floor was cleaned at Christmas and then not again until February. And I mean it wasn't even swept. I'm not exaggerating.

Still it sounds like you had it worse. I'm glad you're out. I was a LTS so I am now job hunting and hoping to find something much better.

5. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 25, 2013

I understand the disorganization. My school was the worst. I asked for help and training the whole year and got nothing. None what so ever. I finally got some resources for testing in March but was not allowed to use them until next year.

My new position is actually the same as this past year. 3rd grade math. So at least I'm not changing too much.

I'm ready to tip toe thru the tulips, I have had enough of walking thru the other.

6. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 26, 2013

Well I drove to Oklahoma this morning and picked my son up from his mother. So one more step of the puzzle in place.

7. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Jul 26, 2013

Wow, it has to be a little stressful with the move and all. Bet you will be happy to be settled in your new place and school! Congrats again on such a wonderful position and have a great year!

8. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 26, 2013

Thank you. I swear he grew a inch the week and a half he was gone.

9. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Jul 31, 2013

Well I finally got the call yesterday that I was approved to rent the house. So next Wednesday is moving day. the house is almost packed. I would start this weekend but I am taking two summers masters courses and finals are next Tuesday. I still have 9 papers 2 quizzes and 2 finals. So there is no way I can move before I finish all that. On the plus side. Once summer school is finished I am only two more classes away from completing my masters degree. Ill graduate in December.

10. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2013

Wow! What a busy time for you. I remember how tentative everything last year was for you. It sounds like you have found your niche (and so happy for your son, also!)

11. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2013

So glad to hear this updated, kev!

12. Ms_C

Ms_C Comrade

Jul 31, 2013

My year was similar to yours. I had to move from Houston to Waco to find a job. Saturday I am moving back to the suburbs of Houston to start teaching. I am so excited. My new schools seems awesome and supportive and I look forward to a year.

Congrats to you and best of luck in your new school!

13. kevmic28

kevmic28 Companion

Aug 12, 2013

Well it took me 3 trips to move over two days and a 3 hour drive each way but I am settled in my new home and getting ready for a training class this morning in my new district. :)

14. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 12, 2013

Wonderful that it's OVER and you can concentrate on the task at hand.

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

Have a great day, Kev!

16. isabunny

isabunny Comrade

Aug 12, 2013

Thanks for sharing your great news. Hope you have an awesome "new" start! :)

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

Awesome!! Have a great year!

18. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2013

First of all, congratulations on getting through that rough experience. I think it speaks volume of you are as a person and teacher to ¨stick it out¨ while looking for a better opportunity (and healthier situation). Secondly, congratulations on the new job! It already sounds like things are turning up for you.