moving rooms

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pencil Monkey, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 27, 2013

Sometime before the end of first semester I am supposed to move my classroom when construction ends in my school....:dizzy:

I don't want to redo my bulletin board displays completely when I move mid-year. And I really don't want to spend my personal time making the new room up new displays. But I also don't want to start the year with a bare walls while I wait to move again. It would really nice if I could just pluck them off the wall and stick them back up in the new room. Maybe I'm dreaming!

Is there any creative way that I can make my boards portable or easier to move? I'm already planning to use a lot of pocket charts. For reference, there are very few actual cork boards in my school.

3. schoolteacher

schoolteacher Habitué

Jul 29, 2013

I think pocket charts would definitely be the way to go in your case. Maybe you can put up anchor charts on the boards just so that they are not bare. It will be a lot of work for you to move, so making it as easy as possible on yourself will make it less stressful.

4. whollyconsumed

whollyconsumed Companion

Jul 29, 2013

Maybe do a display on foam board and hang it or stand it up?

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jul 29, 2013

Hang ribbons in front of the boards and clip student work to the ribbons. Then you just need to move the ribbons. Not sure how easily it will move, but I used this method last year for an old chalkboard that was used as a bulletin board because I couldn't staple into it.