Moving On Up!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by DressageLady, May 27, 2018.

1. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

May 27, 2018

Man, what a year! I looped up to first from kinder, and prior to that I had been in a nightmare situation that ended with my non-renewal as a second year teacher.
    I landed on my feet in a better district, with a P that I worship for being fair and for being an advocate for his staff.
    I wanted everyone to know that I will remain at my school next year, moving up to second. And it will be my third year in the district, which means that I will at long last have some job security. I will be guaranteed a place in the district.
    I thank my lucky stars every day for landing where I did. I loved teaching kinder, felt good about being back in first this year and I am so excited about teaching second next year.
    Life is very good.
    Sheilah

3. pennyandme

pennyandme Rookie

May 27, 2018

Congratulations! I'm in a similar situation where my previous school was an absolute nightmare. I was non-renewed and was sure that I wasn't going to ever find a job again. I took a job as a TA to clear my head. My certificate was set to expire this year, so I decided to give teaching one more try before letting my certification go. I landed at an amazing school with a principal who is the complete opposite of the one I had before. My class was amazing and I asked my principal if I could loop with them to fifth grade. She loved the idea, and I'm thrilled to finally have some security.

futuremathsprof and Upsadaisy like this.
  4. MaleTeacher

MaleTeacher Rookie

May 27, 2018

I am so happy for you! I have to redo my student teaching, and I hope that it will be better than the complete disaster that the last one was.

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

May 27, 2018

Glad to hear things are going well for you! I am doing the opposite... moving on down! 3 years ago I was in fifth, then fourth, then third, then second, and next year I'll be teaching first!

MrsC likes this.
  6. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

May 27, 2018

How's that deluxe apartment in the sky treatin' ya?

TeachCafe and DressageLady like this.
  7. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

May 27, 2018

Treating me very nicely!
    Sheilah

futuremathsprof likes this.
  8. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

May 27, 2018

Why do you have to redo your student teaching?! That sounds awful... Not to mention, you will lose a full YEAR of teaching salary.