Moving Midyear

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MrK, Nov 25, 2016.

1. MrK

MrK Rookie

Nov 25, 2016

Hello everyone,

I need some advice. It's hitting midyear and there's a job opening in a district I really want to work at. It's for AP/IB (which I have experience in), but it's only for 1 year.

I currently work for a more urban school and while I love teaching my students, I feel that if I stay there, I'll burn out and quit teaching all together. The district plans on sharing our campus with another high school and middle school and it also requires a ton of PD for new teachers. It's starting to come to the fact that I'm dreading work.

I'm not sure what to do. Can any experienced teachers give me some advice? Part of me doesn't want to move districts halfway through the year or to get a job with a 1 year only contract, but I'm really worried that staying at my school will cause me to quit teaching if I stay long term. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2016

I think that you should apply, interview, and have a job offer in hand before you start getting too stressed out about anything.

czacza likes this.
  4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2016

This

5. MrK

MrK Rookie

Nov 26, 2016

Hahaha. Thanks guys. I'm always thinking so far ahead and worry too much. I appreciate the advice.