Moving In!!

Discussion in 'First Grade' started by Leanne7b, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Leanne7b

Leanne7b Rookie

Jul 30, 2007

I am so excited I am about to start moving into my classroom today! Just trying to get everything in the car is such a chore and this is my first year!! I can't imagine what it will be like when I have more things..Wish me luck!! :2up: I know I'll need it..

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

Jul 30, 2007

Good luck. You will have fun! I leave everything at school over the summer so at the beginning of each year I have nothing to move. Now unpacking everything in my room is another story.....

4. MrsNickle

MrsNickle Companion

Jul 30, 2007

You are sooo lucky! congrats, have fun, don't stress!

5. cmgeorge626

cmgeorge626 Companion

Jul 30, 2007

Good luck! It's great that you're starting early! You'll have more time to get things just the way you want them and a lot less stress! :)

6. Leanne7b

Leanne7b Rookie

Jul 30, 2007

OMG! Def. alot harder than I thought! I got all my furniture the way I want it (for now ;) ) Now it is just the decorating left!

I would suggest taking someone (pref. boy) with you to help. It was really hard trying to move the furniture with out scratching the floors. and since this is my first classroom I had no idea where I wanted anything..Thank goodness that part is over :)

7. knittingbec

knittingbec Comrade

Jul 30, 2007

Exciting!

I know what you mean about the furniture! I like to have it all moved the way I want it at the end of the year so I don't have to mess with it in August, but the past two years, my DH has been deployed at the end of the school year and I wore myself out moving it all myself!

8. RugRats

RugRats Companion

Jul 30, 2007

Yay! I just got into mine last week. Moving everything way a pain in the tush! I agree with your "bring someone to help" idea. I moved everything on my own because my hubby-to-be is TDY down in Tucson. I swear I moved everything at least 3 times trying to find the "perfect" place :).

Have fun decorating. That is one of my favorite parts!!!