movement breaks

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by love2teach, Nov 17, 2014.

1. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2014

Does anyone do these? I have found cute videos, but they are all on you tube. I'd rather avoid the ads. Does anyone have a kid friendly sight??

3. bella84

bella84 Aficionado

Nov 17, 2014

Go Noodle. There is both a free and paid version.

4. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Nov 17, 2014

If you haven't, try GoNoodle.com. I used it in my student teaching placements and the kids loved it. It has a lot of dance/run/get out some energy videos but it also has a lot of relaxation/deep breathing type videos too to kind of bring everyone back down if needed. We did a deep breathing video of some sort before state testing every morning. You have to sign up but it's free and no hassle. There is a paid version but I've never tried it.

5. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 17, 2014

Wow, I never realized that I needed this site but I definitely need this site! Thanks for asking, OP, and thanks for delivering, respondents!

6. heatherberm

heatherberm Cohort

Nov 18, 2014

The other thing that's kind of nice about Go Noodle is that you can actually add YouTube videos that you like to your collection and then when you play them, it plays them within Go Noodle so you don't get all the other YouTube related videos etc. I've never gotten ads either although I can't swear that they never come up because I did generally use Go Noodle's content. That might depend on the video. But I pulled a few things from the Have Fun Teaching YouTube channel that the kids really liked and then everything was all in one place.

7. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 18, 2014

You're kidding. This is an AWESOME feature. I actually just found some Youtube videos that I wanted to play for my kinders and I was having the toughest time trying to figure out how to play them without Youtube and the ads...thanks again! I'm so excited!!!

I was browsing the gonoodle videos and the giant chicken guy cracks me up. I always love it when a video is appealing to the kids and amusing for the adults, as well!

8. beckyeduk8er

beckyeduk8er Comrade

Nov 18, 2014

You can put any YouTube video link into safeshare.tv and it will give you a new link that doesn't have ads. I love go noodle too!

9. Ms.Blank

Ms.Blank Companion

Nov 18, 2014

Oh cool! Thanks for the tip, I had no idea!

10. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Nov 19, 2014

My kids love gonooddle. Their favorite one is the roller coaster one because they get to scream.