Mounting a Smartboard

Discussion in 'General Education' started by mrachelle87, Jul 11, 2011.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jul 11, 2011

I have a smartboard on rollers and a stand. My principal says I can mount it. Has anyone done this? What did you need to do it? I don't want to go to the school to look at it, so I am hoping someone can tell me what I need.

3. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2011

You would have to mount it yourself???? Or the custodians would do it for you?

4. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2011

Smartboards come with their own mounts. Look on their product website. Mine is mounted in the middle of my whiteboard. Others have theirs either on a sidewall or off to the side of whiteboard. If I had to make the choice again I would put it off to the side. It takes up too much of my whiteboard and too much wall if on the wall. Really think hard about what your needs are as far as whiteboard space and wall space before you mount it.

5. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Jul 12, 2011

Our technology guy mounts all of ours. He might have custodian assistance, but he does most of it. It involves re-wiring, and re-routing cables at my school. He also runs it through the ceiling, and the projector is mounted from the ceiling and controlled by remote.

I'd ask who is responsible for it first. I wouldn't want to do that myself. The newer boards are all-in-ones with the projector extending from the top of the board, which would probably be easier to mount. Mine, however, was a mobile unit that was then mounted above the chalkboard.

6. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 12, 2011

We had special techs come in and mount all of ours. Personally, I wouldn't attempt it in case something goes wrong. I wouldn't want to be blamed for damaging such an expensive piece of equipment.

7. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 12, 2011

We had the SmartBoard techs come in to mount them. I wouldn't do it myself...

8. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 12, 2011

I had one on a stand for a year and a half. It was so awful to have to recalibrate it all the time. The kids--and me, too--were always bumping into the board or the projector cart and having to recalibrate it.

It came with mounting hardware, but the SmartBoard people came and mounted it on the wall and put the projector on the ceiling. I've had it that way for about 4 years now, and I love it! I rarely have to recalibrate now. I'm upstairs, which helps. The downstairs people have to adjust theirs more due to floor movement.

9. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Jul 12, 2011

As others have said, our Smart Boards were mounted by techs or the custodial crew.

10. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Jul 12, 2011

The tech team mounts the SMART Boards in our district. Can you pick where you want you SMART Board in the room? You may want to ask if you can choose where it goes. I did not have a choice. They put it close to the internet connection in our classroom.

11. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jul 12, 2011

I can mount it anywhere I want...we do not have onsite techs, so my husband (who is also a school employee) will do it. I am lucky in the fact that as long as I use it, I can do what I want.