Mountain Language

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mstnteacherlady, May 31, 2012.

1. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

May 31, 2012

I recently inherited two complete sets (as far as I'm aware) of Mountain Language for two different grade levels. Right now, all the cards are just in boxes as they were given to me. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to best organize and store them? Thanks in advance!

3. MsDeb

MsDeb Comrade

May 31, 2012

I've struggled with this too! I love Mountain Language but it is cumbersome to store. This year, I've put sets together (1-20)with paper clips in ziplock bags. Obviously, they don't fit in the bag but it holds them together I keep them all in a small box. It makes it easier to change my board - I just pull out a new bag and I'm good for 2 sets of Mtn Lang. I still HATE changing the board out. I'm thinking about putting it all on my SMARTboard for next year. I'd love to hear what others do!

4. Lionteacher

Lionteacher Companion

Jun 2, 2012

The 4th grade teacher in my building keeps them all in file folders and then they get set in a box.

5. traveler

traveler Comrade

Jun 3, 2012

At my school most teachers who use Mt Language or Mt Math, have permanent displays on their walls (even in the summer). One uses little pockets she made out of extra laminant and another had little hooks on her walls and bound each section with rings that fit on the hooks. Does that make any sense? I know if I stashed them in the cupboard it would be harder for me to pull out and use. Having them up on the wall and all I have to do is flip a card is much easier. They do take up a lot of wall space though. Good luck!

6. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jun 4, 2012

LOL. I thought this thread was going to be about the interesting dialect of the Appalachian people... ;)

7. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jun 22, 2012

Ha! Yeah, sorry to disappoint you. ;) LOL

8. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jun 22, 2012

I'm still completely stuck on this one. Right now, they're all grouped by week and hanging out on a table in the room. The various size in the cards is what is throwing me off. We'll see where they end up...