motorcycle accident - prayer request

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by Amanda, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jul 14, 2005

My husband had a motorcycle accident Tuesday evening -

1. Thank God he wasn't seriously hurt!!
    2. Pray that he will heal quickly and that there will be no complications.

He has quite a few bad scrapes and bruises and he twisted his ankle. We are seeing a doctor tomorrow to make sure it isn't broken. We did go to the ER on Tuesday and it was so swollen the Dr. couldn't tell for sure in the X-rays. Also, he's had a fever and his wounds are infected. It's somewhat better today, but one of the deeper scrapes looks worse. I'm hoping we'll get some antibiotics tomorrow to help fight that.

:love: :thanks:

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 14, 2005

I will keep him in my prayers, Amanda. Stay by his side!

4. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 14, 2005

Amanda, I hope your husband gets better soon. I will keep him in my prayers

5. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jul 14, 2005

Amanda, I will pray for you both! My husband rides a motorcycle too and it scares me like crazy. I wish you the best!

6. Amanda

Jul 14, 2005

Thanks guys - I've been doing everything for him for the past 2 days. He can hardly get around on his crutches because his side is so sore. It takes about an hour to change all of his bandages!

I've always been scared about his motorcycle rides, but it's the only thing he enjoys doing so I tried to not think about it. I'm glad it wasn't worse - I just hope he gets better soon. :love:

7. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jul 15, 2005

That is how I feel about my husband. He actually drag raced for a while. He stoped about a year ago because he works too much now, but he would like to get back into it. Last summer we went to Cozumel (a Mexican island in the Gulf/Carribean) and rented a scooter to get around. We went on a ride about 25 minutes out of town and got in an accident. I had road rash from my thigh down to my ankle because I was wearing shorts. My mom is a nurse and gave me some silvadine (sp?) cream to put on it. I had an adverse reaction to it and it burned even more. It was more painful than anything I have experienced! I don't know what you are using, but the second skin type bandages work wonders and feel so good. I don't have a single scar because I didn't let the scrapes dry into a scab. The second skin kept it moist and acted like a scab so that a scar does not form. I highly reccomend asking the doctor if it would work for your husband. Sorry I have rambled! Let us know how he is doing.

8. Amanda

Jul 15, 2005

I'm glad my husband is not into drag racing! I told him that I hope he chooses a safer pastime after this. ;)

Thanks for the tips! The ER doctor gave us the Silver sulfadine cream, too... I think it's working okay. He is allergic to sulfa drugs so I was worried that it would cause a problem. The cream is keeping it nice and moist and I guess the anti-infection qualities of it is working. The wound I was most worried about looked better tonight. I have been looking at the second skin bandages but I don't think he'll be ready for them until the deeper cuts heal a bit more. I did buy some wet bandages that are made for burns - They look similar to the second skin ones. He was wearing shorts too - One of the only times he didn't wear jeans. He also had just ordered a protective riding jacket that day. We'll probably be getting it in the mail tomorrow. :rolleyes:

9. Sandy K

Sandy K Rookie

Jul 15, 2005

Amanda,
    My prayers are with you and your husband. I pray he has a speedy recovery.

Your webfriend,
    Sandy
    abcteach

10. jenniatek

jenniatek Companion

Jul 15, 2005

I will be praying for you and your husband as well. My husband has had motorcycles in the past and wants to get another. I'm secretly hoping he won't...I have enough to worry about with him being a police officer! Anyway, I'll be wishing your husband a speedy and complete recovery.

11. teacherspet24

teacherspet24 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005

I pray for a speedy recovery. Print out all of these replies and let him read them so he will know everyone cares about his healing.

12. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 15, 2005

*hugs* Amanda... sending good thoughts to both of you. ;)

13. Amanda

Jul 15, 2005

Thanks for your prayers! He's actually gotten a lot better in the past 24 hours and was even joking around today. :) We saw an orthopedic dr. today and he confirmed that his ankle is not broken, and he prescribed some antibiotics to get rid of the remaining infection. His fever has already subsided so I think he should be feeling better soon.

And we got the protective jacket in the mail today. :rolleyes: All of the places where he's torn up has nice thick protective padding... would have been nice to have it a few days ago. ;) It will probably end up on ebay now!

Again, thanks for your prayers. I'm sure it has something to do with his improvement. :)

14. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Jul 17, 2005

Said a prayer for you and husband...

Glad your husband is getting better. Take Care!!! Petunia

15. Amanda

Jul 18, 2005

I wanted to thank everyone again for your prayers. He has truly healed so much more quickly than either of us expected. He still can't put any pressure on his left foot, but everything else is so much better.

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 18, 2005

Thank God. Does your hubby work at home, Amanda?

17. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jul 18, 2005

I'm glad he is doing better, Amanda! I will pray for his healing and your patience with him. (Hopefully he is a good patient! :D)

18. becky

becky Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2005

A member of our church, a father of two teens , ws riding his motorcycle from Maryland to California(!) to see his parents and he was killed in an accident either the night he left or early the next day. That was a week ago today.

I'm glad your hjusband is doing so well, Amanda.

19. Amanda

Jul 21, 2005

That is so sad... I know my husband is very lucky. We went by the place where he had the wreck and the way it happened was the best case scenario.

Please continue praying for us. I am hoping good will come out of this.

20. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 21, 2005

How wonderful that your husband is on the mend! My prayers are with you both as you journey through this time of healing. (As you are taking such special care of HIM, don't forget to take special care of YOU, too! :) )

21. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jul 22, 2005

I am glad he is doing better!

22. Brenda

Brenda Companion

Jul 25, 2005

Praying all the way up in Canada (for him and for you)

23. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jul 25, 2005

You and your husband are in my prayers.

24. Amanda

Jul 25, 2005

I was at a low point last week and things have already improved so much. I greatly appreciate all the prayers. We went to church yesterday for the first time in a long while. We have never agreed on a place to go, and I had given up in a sense... we just didn't do anything. We had a breakthrough Friday night that allowed him to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We asked for a church, and it was the one I had been feeling pulled toward. It was perfect. The sermon was totally directed at him, which is just what type of sign he needed. I know a lot of people have been praying for us and things would not have improved without all of your help. I am thankful that God gave us such a gentle wake up call. :love:

25. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2005

Isn't it cool how God works in mysterious ways? I am always in awe. He has given me that gentle wake up call on a few occasions! He always sees me through, even when I had doubts! Glad to hear the good news, Amanda!

26. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jul 25, 2005

Amanda, I am happy to hear you and your husband are making it through this. I believe everything happens for a reason in our lives and God knows what he is doing.