Motivational Stunts

Discussion in 'General Education' started by wdwteach, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Mar 11, 2009

We are trying to come up with a great silly stunt for the principal or the teachers to do to reward our students for reaching Reading goals.
    Anyone do something fun or hilarious at your school?

3. Yen

Yen Rookie

Mar 11, 2009

One year we did an auction and teachers and the principals had jars up in the front office. Students put money into the jars. The teacher with the most money in their jar had to put on lipstick and kiss a pig! It was a huge ordeal and everyone had such a good time! :)

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 11, 2009

We duct taped a teacher to the wall during lunch. For every $1 or canned good they donated for something, they got a length of tape and they could tape it wherever they wanted. The teacher was standing on a chair up against the wall, so the goal was that by the end of lunch they could move the chair and she would stay. (they used a small teacher). It was hilarious.

You could do something like for every book they read, or everyone who reaches their goals gets a piece of tape or something.

5. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Mar 11, 2009

One of our grade three teachers had an inflatable baby suit and wore that once her students read 100 books.

6. gab

gab Comrade

Mar 11, 2009

One year students reaching grade specific goals for AR points attended an ice cream sundae/banana split celebration. As students met the goal they wrote their name on a giant ice cream cone in the gym/lunchroom to show off their accomplishment. Teachers were also allowed to send students to the celebration who worked really hard but weren't as successful as far as points. PTA supported this activity, providing the ice cream, etc.

7. teachin4ever

teachin4ever Cohort

Mar 11, 2009

Our P said she's going to dye her hair pink if they reach their reading goals!

8. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 11, 2009

I have heard of the principal dressing up as a gorilla and doing a dance on top of the school at the end of the school year.

9. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 11, 2009

OH MY GOSH!!!! .... STORY!!!!

My daughter's high school did this for YEARS! it was a highlight for ALL the kids. They LOVED it!!!

What happens is actually the teacher who is the kissee holds a pig-cookie (like a milk-bone for dogs) in their mouth and the pig comes over and takes it from them... Therefore looking like a kiss.

BUT THEN... as is ALWAYS the case... there is ALWAYS the Pain in the BUTT person or weird family who has to ruin it for EVERYONE. My daughter's senior year the band director was slated to kiss the pig...and one family.. one VERY ODD AND OBNOXIOUS FAMILY that we ALL had to deal with for 12 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell we were driven nuts by them??) Had the Kiss-the-Pig incentive banned.

WHY? You'll never believe this! Because they had become vegans and believed it to be humiliating and inhumane to the PIG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

You just want to strangle these people!

10. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 11, 2009

My P at my first school read on the roof top of the school in his pjs. The kids loved it!

In my current school, we pie our police officer if we sell enough books at our bookfair. One kid from each class gets to throw a paper plate of reddi whip at Officer Mike. Its the funniest thing I've ever seen! (and he's a good sport about it)

11. wdwteach

wdwteach Cohort

Mar 11, 2009

My principal is willing to get slimed. She also volunteered the music teacher to dress up as a chicken and do the chicken dance.