Motion-Sensored Paper Towel Dispensers

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 9, 2009

Does your school have these? Some of the schools I go to do & they're great! Some of them don't dispense a large enough piece for me, so I leave my hand up there for more to come out. :)

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 9, 2009

I am wondering if you can adjust the amount of paper. Some machines seem to give out a lot and some are very skimpy.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 9, 2009

I'm sure you can because different schools have it set at various lengths. It depends on how much paper the school wants to save.

5. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Oct 9, 2009

I hate no towels at all. I will not touch bathroom doorknobs or sink faucets after I wash my hands. What is the point?! I always carry some wipes in my bag for this.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 9, 2009

mollydoll, I know what you mean. I'll use a paper towel piece to pen the doorknow or the sleeve of my top if all else fails.

This is off topic, but I absolutely HATE how staff bathrooms don't have anything (no hooks or a little table) to hang/put your purse.

7. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Oct 9, 2009

We have the motion-sensored paper towel dispensers in both our classrooms and our restrooms. There is a way for the custodian to moderate how much paper is put out at one time. In addition, our dispensers have a motion sensor on them that is timed so that kids cannot stand in front of the machine and wave their hand over and over it to make lots of paper come out of the dispensor. I love these machines because they are easy to use, and moderate the amount of paper that is used.

The only time that I do not like the dispensors is when we have a spill in the classroom, and I can't get enough of the paper towels to come out to clean up the spill.

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 9, 2009

Here's something else to think about...
    After you wipe, you have to pull up your clothes, etc.
    If something gets on your hands YOU will have it on yourself!:eek:
    ...SO a thing of the future is...:D
    EVERY STALL WOULD HAVE A SINK & SOAP OR WIPES IN IT, SO YOUR GERMS ARE KILLED B4 U TOUCH YOUR CLOTHES & you'll step out of the stall..GERM FREE!:lol:

Rebel1

9. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Oct 9, 2009

My germs and bacteria > germs and bacteria from the last 100 people to touch the door knob without washing their hands. I'm not paranoid, but try to be as clean as possible given the usual constraints.

10. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Oct 9, 2009

I have two in my classroom- one in the bathroom and the other in the main room by the sink. They are not motion-sensored but dispense papertowels as soon as one is ripped of the roll. There is plenty of paper for one person. I like them because the children don't waste paper; they just use one piece. They are kind of loud, though. If I'm reading or talking to the class and someone gets a towel it's distracting.

11. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Oct 9, 2009

We have these at our school...and yes they can be adjusted. The ones int eh primary wing give out tiny tiny tiny pieces. The ones in the teachers bathrooms given out a decent amount one one try.

I don't know HOW they adjust it - but that's a custodian job.

12. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2009

so true...I think about this when I'm in a public bathroom and I go to open the door to my stall...the person before me (and so on) has just used their hands to wipe and now they've touched the toilet to flush AND the door lock to get out.
    Ewwww :|

13. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Oct 10, 2009

These are things that some of US :whistle:think abt. When I mentioned it, I wasn't implying that anyone was paranoia. I was just stating YOU; as general for everyone. It was just a thought about CLEANING UP B4 YOU ACTUALLY TOUCH :)YOUR OWN CLOTHES and have any mess on you.:D
    Everything else will be taken care of eventually.
    Wiping & cleaning; 2 very handy:) businesses.
    Rebel1