mothers day coupon books

Discussion in 'Mother's Day Archives' started by czacza, May 2, 2003.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 2, 2003

I'd like to make 'mother's day coupon books' with my kids next week, but can't find any online to print out- I can make using word processing, but was hoping someone would know a website. I'm looking for something that I can copy about 6 of per child and then they fill in little jobs they'll do like walk the dog, or wash the dishes...

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

May 2, 2003

I've been wanting to make some... if you list the types of coupons you want, I can try to get them online. :) Have you checked abcteach.com?

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 3, 2003

I haven't checked abcteach- I'll go there.
    I'm looking for ones with a line for the kids to fill the chore in- I teach 2nd so they're good at coming up with their own ideas and writing. Maybe put a blank line one and then some filled out ones.
    ideas: This certificate is good for:
    Clean my room without being asked
    Wash the dishes
    Walk the dog
    Help weed the garden

5. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

May 3, 2003

-one day of doing my HW without being reminded
    -a night in my room so you can have a bubble bath (uninteruppted!)
    -free unlimited hugs
    -blank coupon for child to design their own

I gave coupons to my kids for Christmas and they loved the concept (3rd grade). I think this is a great gift. Any creative ideas for presentation (tied with ribbon, in basket, etc.)?

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 3, 2003

Corsage bags from the florist are nice-clear and shiny! Slip the coupon books in and tie with curling ribbon.
    Angela-Did you download coupons from a website, copy from another resource or make your own? I want to work on these early next week!!

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 3, 2003

8. Amanda

May 3, 2003

I was working on some earlier, but then started working on the yard so I haven't finished them yet! Hopefully they'll be online by later this evening. I didn't see the ones at abcteach. :)

9. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 3, 2003

Amanda- - - Let us know when you get them on or where their at please! Thanks a bunch!

10. Amanda

May 3, 2003

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 5, 2003

Your coupons are BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks!!

12. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 5, 2003

Thanks so much! Thanks to all you guys I know what I'm going to do and all I have to do is print them out...... Thanks!!!

13. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

May 7, 2003

14. Amanda

May 7, 2003

I'll merge this into the other thread.

15. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

May 8, 2003

Want to hear something funny? I was walking down the hallway and 2 teachers said, "What are you doing for Mother's Day with the kids?". I said, "I ought to do the same thing for the moms as they did for me on Teacher Appreciation Day- nothing!".

We laughed and I told them I was going to do coupons because it was easy. They starting laughing again and handed me some coupons. One of them found them on the printer and photocopied enough for her class. She then offered them to every teacher she passed in the hall (a lot, after school)and several more took them, including me.

I got home and pulled up this thread and... guess what? It's atozeacherstuff coupons that everyone loved! How cool is that? Amanda goes out and does some yard work, adds some coupons to her site, and teachers all over the place pull them up the next day to be sent home for moms! I feel like people here are my friends, as if I know Amanda personally, so I thought it was so cool that everyone liked "my friend's" coupons!

It's so amazing that we can network like this. How did people get this stuff before the internet??? (Ahhh, yes, the pattern books for $15 from the teacher supply stores- now I remember). :D

16. Amanda

May 8, 2003

Thanks for sharing that story, Angela! That's what makes doing this website worthwhile. Back in 1998 after I first started this website I got emails every day from people who found something useful, and that is what kept me going. Now that it's a "big" website, I miss that personal touch sometimes, but it's nice to know I am still helping teachers (and kids) across the US and around the world. I enjoy that more than anything. :D

17. Shawnmarie

Shawnmarie Rookie

May 10, 2003

Thanks, these are great!