Most Thoughtful Christmas Gift

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by janlee, Dec 25, 2005.

1. janlee

janlee Devotee

Dec 25, 2005

What gift did you receive this Christmas that was the most thoughtful? I received a professional photograph of my two college age sons. They had it taken over their Thanksgiving break while I was still in school. My oldest son, who attends school in Illinois, made all of the arrangements before he came home. What a gift! The last photo I had professionally taken of my sons was about 8 years ago. This is a gift I will truly treasure.

3. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Dec 26, 2005

What a wonderful gift!!!!! I really liked the gift my husband got me.. a gift certificate for a day at the spa. I can't wait.

4. hanvan

hanvan Connoisseur

Dec 26, 2005

So this year one of my gifts from my husband was a picture frame that could fit 3 pictures and he put 3 of our wedding pictures in it. He did this all by himself :) I was surprised. In the last year he has gotten very thoughtful.

5. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 26, 2005

My "gift" came today in the form of a card from what used to be one of my favorite uncles. There has been all kinds of fallout from him and other members of my family. I still faithfully send him a Christmas card every year. I usually get one back, just a signature at the bottom (in his new wife's handwriting). When I opened his card today it was in his writing and had a note telling me how proud he was of me for earning teacher of the year and then joking it was the Smith in me (my mom's side) coming out. It was the first time he had reached out to me in several years and made me cry. Maybe time bridges wounds even if it doesn't always heal them.

6. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 26, 2005

My favorite gift came from my boyfriend. It didnt cost alot of money but I love it! He collected lots of pictuers of the two of us and created a photo album and a pictuer frame collage !!! SO cute ..I LOVED it. I was so surprised because he is so not crafty.

7. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 26, 2005

My brother and I did this for our mom this year. She started crying. The last picture she has of us together was from well over 15 years ago.

My mom and dad got one of those talking ornaments for us. It has our son's picture in it and he is saying "Merry Christmas Mommy and Daddy, I love you!". It was so cute. My hubby also took our son shopping and he picked out a picture frame that says "I love you Mommy" on it. I took our son to a ceramic painting place and had our son paint a travel coffee mug for daddy. It turned out so cute and he loved it (big coffee drinker).

8. kabd54

kabd54 Cohort

Dec 26, 2005

Our four children gave us the same thing - Two of them had to make arrangements to come home from university for the weekend. They figured it would make me "teary" - not only did it make me teary - I bawled my eyes out!! What a fabulous gift - and just when you think that they take you for granted!! :love:

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Dec 26, 2005

aww, that is so nice! :)

10. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 27, 2005

Along with a few other goodies, my favorite gift from my teen-age daughters was 3 certificates entitling me to a home-cooked meal and a clean kitchen. Nobody here likes to cook, so this will be a real treat for me!

11. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 27, 2005

At Halmark I got my mom a Christmas photo album that you can record a caption for each page, I asked my step dad to take some pictures with his fancy didgital camera, we will have to let the kids record captions later, If I would have had it longer I would have done them myself. I think she really liked it.
    My best gift was my dad's health improving, he was near death last week and is doing so much better now, Thank God. I didn't even want to go on with Christmas until I knew he was going to be ok.

12. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2005

My sister bought me toilet paper, because she knows my roommates never pitch in to buy some and we always run out if it's not my turn. LOL, it was cute. (She's 14)

13. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Dec 28, 2005

Danny'sNanny that was very thoughtful, can never have enough t.p.

14. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Dec 28, 2005

My favorite gift this Christmas is a red turtleneck sweater from Columbia. My sister-in-law gave this to me. This is the reason: it is an XL and in the past before going on Jenny Craig, I would have never been able to wear it. In fact, I'm used to 1X, 2X, etc... I tried it on reluctlantly, and it fit! In fact, it was a little big on me which thrilled me beyond belief. My family was so excited for me that my sister-in-law hugged me. It was a very special moment, personally, for me.

15. hermance

hermance Guest

Dec 28, 2005

My favorite gift this year was to my students. I use a lot of music in the classroom during transitions etc. I burned each of my first graders a CD of our favorite songs. I also recorded and intro with a holiday message to my classroom friends. The response was amazing, children and parents alike loved it!

16. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 28, 2005

Wow, Christy, teacher of the year!! Awesome. ABall, glad to hear your dad is improving.

My most thoughtful gift was from my daughter. She and her boyfriend got me a digital camera. She knew I only had an old loaner camera in the classroom that didn't do a great job. Now I finally have my own good one. Since she is only 19, this was a big investment for her and very thoughtful.

17. alteacher84

alteacher84 Companion

Dec 28, 2005

What I wanted most for Christmas came a week early. You see, my fiance, Jeremy, and I have been trying to get custody of his son and the struggle has gone on since May when the little boy Trevor who is now almost three was taken from the mother and the mother charged with neglect and abuse. It was a sad situation but I was proud of Jeremy for standing up and doing what he could to get his son back. (The witch had not contacted him to let him know he had a kid until the kid was almost 2 and she decided she wanted child support money cuz she had no job) Anyways, Jeremy has had to travel back and forth to New York from Alabama a lot lately and finally he went for the last time on the 14th of December. We have been praying that we would be able to bring Trevor home by Christmas and our prayers were answered. Jeremy was given temporary custody for 6 months to turn into permanent custody after that trial period of time. (They have to make sure that he is a fit father since the girl was an unfit mother.) So the best Christmas present for me was having Trevor around for christmas. Jeremy and I got to play santa and watch Trevor open presents Christmas morning. :)

18. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2005

alteacher, that is so wonderful and heartwarming!

19. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2005

The best present was watching my lil' ones face.

But gift wise my hubby gets it right every year & he spoils me.

20. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Dec 28, 2005

My best gift was from my sister, who is 11, she wrote me a letter saying how glad she is to have me in her life, we don't see each other hardly any more since my father and her mother gotten a nasty divorce 3 years ago. Well, not to mention the engagement ring from my boyfriend,:D

21. alteacher84

alteacher84 Companion

Dec 28, 2005

I totally agree...it was so fun watching Trevor open up his presents from Santa and discover so many cool toys! The best part was when his dad took him outside and he saw his basketball thing...it was like 5 am and it was so cold outside and he wanted to stay out there and play....he pitched a fit when we made him come inside for a bit...I'm just so glad he's here where he knows he is loved and will be taken care of.

22. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 28, 2005

What a blessing you can be in his life. How wonderful that his dad did the right thing.

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Dec 28, 2005

Thanks, Daisy. I just won for my school and parish, didn't make it at regional. They posted the essay I wrote and a picture (both embarassing!) back in September. It just made me feel good that not only did Uncle Paul read it, but remembered enough to comment on it.

24. Hnana

Hnana Rookie

Dec 28, 2005

My husband has a terrible time buying gifts for me. He usually makes our daughters do it for him. But one year, he outdid himself. We went to visit our kids over the holiday. When we came home, I noticed that our house was actually CLEAN! He had a housekeeper come over and clean while we were gone. Best gift ever!

25. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Dec 28, 2005

Hnana, I like that one!!! I think the best gift he ever got me was a gift certificate for a professional message! That one was great and very relaxing!

26. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jan 4, 2006

Ok, I just got done using one of my best Christmas gifts this year, my dad and step-mom got me a Dirt Devil vacuum, kind of like a dust buster, man I love that thing! lol

27. Alface28

Alface28 Rookie

Jan 4, 2006

Last year I moved across the country, so this Christmas my sister in law got me a calendar and for each month had a different photo of my 2 nephews or niece. So whenever I look at the calendar it makes me smile. :)

28. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jan 4, 2006

daysy, is the dirt devil you got one of those you can use on bare floor too?

29. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jan 4, 2006

yes it is:)

30. JenPooh

JenPooh Virtuoso

Jan 4, 2006

SWEET! That's what I want...I gotta get me one!

31. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jan 4, 2006

I love it! I felt like a little kid playing with a new toy when I was using it, lol!