Most Embarrassing Moment(s)?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 31, 2008

Post those moments, whether at work, at your leisure, wherever!

I honestly don't really have any. Maybe just accidentally tripping once or twice in public, but not to the point of falling.

3. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2008

I don't have any that I'd care to tell, however a teacher friend of mine wore a yellow skirt to school one day and unexpectedly got her period. She bled through, didn't know it, was at the board. A girl came up to her and very nicely whispered the problem to her. .....

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 31, 2008

That has to be one of the worst! Glad that's never happened to me, I'd be mortified. You'd think she'd know when it's getting close to being that time of the month & wear dark clothing & even bring a sweater to tie around herself, just in case.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 21, 2009

Anyone have any?

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 21, 2009

A few weeks ago I was walking in the hallway at school and I tripped and fell! I was so embarrased. Thankfully, I wasn't hurt. I got up and looked around. NOBODY was there so I don't think anyone saw me fall!! At least I escaped being embarrased (until next time LOL).

7. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Aug 21, 2009

That's similar to what happened to one of my teachers in middle school. She left the classroom for a minute while we were working in groups. She came back then went to write something on the board. I looked up to see what she was writing and noticed a piece of toilet paper hanging from the back of her pants! LOL The class ended 5 minutes later and I don't think she realized it was there! Nobody said anything. There were plenty of snickers, though. :rofl:

8. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 21, 2009

One I was going for a walk on a nice path. There was a huge wooden beam at head level. My cane only protects me from waist down so I didn't find it with my cane. I ran right into it! Another man who was standing right there gasped and then started laughing. :headbang:

Another time I was waiting in an office with my wife. We were sitting in the two seats in the corner. I went to the bathroom and then came back to sit down next to my wife. I turned to her to tell her something and it turned out she was called in and another man was sitting there. Whoops! :rofl:

9. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2009

In college I was running up the stairs to my apartment, my really cute neighbor was behind me. I accidently passed gas and because I was on the stairs above him, his face was pretty much eye level with my butt......

10. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 21, 2009

I was pregnant with my daughter (she's 17 yrs. old now), my hubby & I were on our way into the hospital for a lamaze class. He said something to me & I started laughing. . . and peeing at the same time. No time to go home and change clothes. Thankfully, it was winter & I just kept my coat around me the entire time!

11. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 21, 2009

In my early twenties, I taught Sunday school and took my 5th grade class to the water park. At the end of the day as I was about to ride one of the bigger slides, the mat slipped out from under me as I sat down. I went all the way down the slide without a mat. I landed in the pool with the bottom of my favorite one-pieced, green bathing suit shredded and gone! My bottom a was beet red, and many of the parents were sitting around the pool waiting to pick up their children. I found my runaway mat, wrapped it around my bare, red bottom and ran to the lockers to get my shorts.

12. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Aug 21, 2009

Wow that must have been really uncomfortable. Hopefully no one picked up on the smell.

That must have been really embarrassing! How did the parents react? Did they say anything or just sit there quietly?

13. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 21, 2009

All they saw was me get my mat and run to the locker room. No one asked.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 21, 2009

I have been at my school for 5 years, have had the same desk chair the entire time, and have never had any difficulties. This past May, things were very stressful at school and I often had 2 or 3 teachers visiting and venting in my room. I was rolling back and forth between my desk and round table (a distance of about 3 feet) like I do every day, when something happened and the chair tipped backwards from under me and I ended up unceremoniously on the floor. I'm not a tiny woman; I don't fall delicately. I picked myself up and brushed off my ego--no harm, no foul. However...the exact same thing happened 2 hours later, with the same people present!:eek:

15. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 21, 2009

16. myangel52

myangel52 Comrade

Aug 21, 2009

This past school year was not a graceful year for me! I once went to my desk to sit down for a moment while the kids were taking a test. I didn't quite sit far enough on the chair, and it tipped and I crashed to the floor. (I was about 7 months pregnant, too -- the kids were SO worried about me, which was really sweet).

I trip over things constantly -- even my own feet.

I bump into anything that is remotely near me.

On the way back to school from our end of school celebration (across the street at the baseball fields), I tripped on a root across the sidewalk. I almost caught myself from falling, but being 8 months pregnant (same pregnancy), my center of balance was off and I fell -- scraped the skin off both of my knees and palms. Again, the students who saw were very sweet and very concerned -- but other than my knees and hands I was fine.

Oh, and two weeks before the end of school, I got very dehydrated (without realizing it) and nearly passed out in my 6th period while they were taking a test. I ended up sitting at my desk with my head down on it until my VP came to cover for me. I ended up in the hospital for 9 hours that night.

This next year will surely go better, right? :) I can dream! :whistle:

17. tiffharmon2001

tiffharmon2001 Comrade

Aug 21, 2009

I'm sorry you were embarrassed, but thank you so much for sharing. I've read it three times now and laughed out loud each time. :lol:

18. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Aug 21, 2009

My daughters 19 and 22 love the story.

19. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Aug 21, 2009

Most embarassing moment of this week was:

I'd made a blueberry protein shake for breakfast, and hadn't finished it before the kids came in. I handed out one of the pretests I needed them to take, and walked over to my desk to take a sip. Well, it was too thick, got stuck, so I shook the mug a little - it all dumped out all over my face!

My little 2nd graders were shocked- their teacher covered with purple goo! And it was in my eyes and covering my glasses, so I had to fumble across the room to the sink!

20. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Aug 22, 2009

On the first day of school my first year, I was running through my rules and expectations trying to sound firm and a little scary. All no nonsense kind of stuff... A behavior issue boy raised his hand and asked if I knew my zipper was down, complete with a straight face. UGH... I became a significantly less scary at that moment.

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2009

Oh, lots.

In college I was part of a really tight group of about a dozen friends... we did everything together. One day one of the guys and I were on an escalator at the store; I think we wer on our way up to Ticketron to get concert tickets. The store and escalator were both pretty crowded.

Out of nowhere, he says to me: "So, Alice, I really wish I could talk you out of that abortion!"

No where to run or hide, no way to defend myself. All I could do was laugh.

Another time in class: My class was pushing limits, asking to go to the bathroom every 2 minutes. Finally I said enough! No one else was going to the bathroom! (A mistake I've never made again.)

Two minutes later, one of the quiet, really good girls got a look of panic on her face, and asked to go to the bathroom. Of course I let her go, and got the inevitable complaints and questions. My stupid, stupid response??? "I guess I just like girls better!" NOOOOOOOOO! Do not EVER say that to a group of high school kids!!!

Again, what can you do but laugh??

There are lots more that escape me at the moment.

22. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Aug 22, 2009

My stupid ex would say things to the check out lady when I'd buy alcohol like, "You still use that fake ID?" "Don't trust her...she's only 19."...and so on...

would make me sooooooooooooooooooooooo mad! I still looked pretty young too, so it didn't help. Both times the lady had to get the manager to verify my ID wasn't fake.

So glad to be away from him! Jerk!

haha...anyway...I'm sure I have more, but can't think of them at the moment..probably due to me blocking them out of memory. ;)

23. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 22, 2009

When I was in fifth grade I fainted off of the risers in chorus in front of over 100 other kids.

24. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 22, 2009

My class was late to go to the gym to celebrate the graduation of the Grade 6's. After opening the gym door, I took a sharp left hand turn and fell off a bench that someone had moved right beside the door. I fell on one hand and one knee and the other leg went over the other side of the bench. I'm just hoping that I wasn't captured on video by one of the parents :blush:.

25. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2009

I moved to Indiana the summer after I graduated from college. I was just 21, and had only bought alcohol 2 or 3 times. One week I stopped to do my grocery shopping on the way home from church. I noticed that they had Arbor Mist wine on sale for a really good price, so I grabbed a couple bottles.

When the check-out guy saw the bottles, he told me he couldn't sell them to me. I told him I had my ID. He said, "No, I just can't sell them to you today." I just looked at him; I was very confused. After a long pause, he said, "It's Sunday." I was still confused. Finally, he said, "Don't you know you can't buy alcohol on Sunday?" I obviously didn't, but I'm sure everybody in my SMALL town quickly heard about the new Lutheran school teacher who tried to buy alcohol on Sunday.

26. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2009

Once I had no clean underwear, so I went to work without (after all, no one knows what's not underneath, right?). I was fine all day, left work and went to the subway stop in rush-hour traffic and noticed an attractive woman give me a mysteriously amused smile. It puzzled me until about five minutes later (by which time she was mercifully gone), when I looked down and noticed to my horror that I had forgotten to zip up after my end-of-day trip to the lavatory and was peeking out. Well, a bit more than a peek. Fortunately, in the city you're pretty much completely anonymous. At least I wasn't arrested or accused of being a flasher or anything.

Another major embarrassment was years ago. The night before my SO and I were to go on a trip overseas, she suggested sleeping in her office to avoid a long morning commute to the airport. We slept on the floor, putting a thin sheet on the rug and sleeping in our underwear. She said no one would be in the office before 8 am. So at just before 6 am she assured me that I could put some slippers on and just go to the bathroom located near reception. Imagine my surprise when I'm nearly there and the head of accounting walks around a corner to see me pretty much in slippers and underwear, walking through the office. I made a small "eep", covered myself, and ran the other way.

27. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2009

Oh, and I once dozed off in a business meeting due to some allergy medication I was taking. This wouldn't be terrible by itself, except the meeting was only three people, so it was rather noticeable.

28. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 24, 2009

:spitwater: 3sons! Embarassed without underwear and embarassed with!

29. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 24, 2009

3Sons, those first two are biggies! :woot:

30. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Aug 24, 2009

I once went to school with one black and one blue shoe. No one noticed until one of my first graders at the end of the day asked why I had two different colored shoes. I told her I did it to see if anyone would notice. She was so happy that she was the one to notice and the she told everyone.

I was pregnant with my daughter. She was due March 7th. It was February 12th. I went to school like any other day. As I was walking down the hall I felt something. I wasn't sure if I wet my pants or if my water broke. I went to the head teacher and told her I wasn't sure but I thought she should know so if I had to leave. She would be the one to get a substitute. I really thought I just wet my pants a little. I went back to my room to do some work before the kids came. Then I heard a knock at my door and in walked the head teacher, the Principal, the secretary, the janitor, and all the teachers. They all had one rubber glove on one of their hands. They were ready to deliver the baby. We all had a little chuckle. Oh, by the way it was my water. I ended up driving myself to the hospital and having a healthy baby girl. We still laugh about it.

31. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Aug 24, 2009

I've had many, but my most embarrassing for me was the day I ate too much protein (GoLean Crunch) for breakfast. I had horrible gas, and I sat suffering in my class of 5th graders. At the end of the day, I was just getting ready to go to the lav and relieve the pressure, so to speak, and the night cleaner walked in to empty the trash can. I could not walk and hold it in, so I had the walking farts all the way out of the classroom. When I returned, I was beet red, and to my horror-so was she! She was so embarrassed for me! I gathered my bag and left.
    NO-I do not eat GoLean Crunch anymore!

32. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Aug 24, 2009

^^^OMG!!! I'm about dead over here at that one!! lol

33. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2009

Once I had an interview at an office that was being rented while the school was under construction. The lady at the desk told me to take the elevator to the third floor as they were there waiting for me. While in the elevator alone, I straightened my suit and took a deep breath. The elevator reached floor three with a "ding" but the door doesn't open. I push the floor 3 button for another "ding" but the door remains shut. I pushed the door open button "ding" but nothing. Panicked, I started to tap and pry the door a bit to see if it was just slightly stuck. Then, to my horror, I hear "Mam, we're over here." The elevator had a two sided door and the back doors were open the entire time! Not only that, it opened to the room filled with the eight who were interviewing me! :eek: They watched me "ding" the whole time. :eek: What an ice breaker for an interview. Everyone laughed and I did get called for a second interview!

After the interview I was meeting friends for cocktails and my story was the talk of the night.

34. Shanoo

Shanoo Habitué

Aug 24, 2009

Oh geez....how much time do you have?

One that sticks out in my mind happened my first year of teaching. It was winter and my then-husband drove me to work. We pulled up to the school at the same time as 3 buses full of students. I open the passenger door and step out. I shut the car door behind me and the momentum wrecked my balance. I ended up landing face first in a snowbank. I laid there stunned for a second, not realizing what happened. All of a sudden, I felt my husband pick me up and put me back in the car to the sound of dozens of cheering students. I asked him to drive around the block so I could collect myself and as we drove away, I could see a number of my colleagues standing at the windows in the staffroom watching with their mouths hanging open.

35. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Aug 24, 2009

I feel so evil... I have tears of laughter reading these!!!!!!

36. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Aug 24, 2009

This is the latest of all my embarrasing moments...
    I went to use the Staff bathroom, BUT it was so funky:eek: that I didn't have the nerve to use it. :eek: I thought I would hold off for a while because it was just #1. I went to my classroom since my lunch time was over. The children were napping and suddenly I had to gas off. There was nobody around, so I farted. Just as I finished, a parent who is unpredictable with bringing his child in during nap time, walks in with his kid. If I was any lighter, I would be RED in the face! I quickly did the 360degree turn, to check for any aftermath, BUT to my relief & rescue, IT WAS JUST CLEAN STRESSFREE TEACHER AIR! Thank goodness, OR it would have been ONE that I would have to cover for. I can see myself saying, "Golly! Johnny, (OR whomever the closest kid was to me), just let one out!":lol:
    Rebel1

37. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 22, 2009

Anything happen to anyone lately?

38. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Sep 23, 2009

These are just hilarious and what I needed this evening.

My most embarrasing moment at school was when my good looking, my age principal gave me a postcard from Victoria Secrets for free cotton panties. He enjoyed it way too much.

39. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 23, 2009

Hoot Owl, that's pretty bold of him! You two must have that very comfortable, comical type relationship. Anyone else would be offended & think it's sexual harassment.

40. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Sep 23, 2009

This happened last week...
    I walked into one of the classrooms in the back of our Pre-school to use the bathroom, 'cause the one in the front was taken. I cut one assuming that nobody was in the room. There was a teacher, and I was so embarrassed, SO I quickly started singing a song, trying to cover for my fart. I guess she didn't hear 'cause she was on her cell phone. I'll never know if she heard & told some of the other teachers, OR WHAT? :eek:The suspense is gassing me!:whistle:
    Rebel1