Morning Message in Kindergarten

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by cml88, Nov 3, 2012.

1. cml88

cml88 Companion

Nov 3, 2012

I'm interested in hearing about what everyone writes in their morning message. Also, what kind of things do you do with your morning message as the year goes on?

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 3, 2012

Here is a link to the same question: http://forums.atozteacherstuff.com/showthread.php?t=166397&highlight=morning+message

Last summer I saw the idea to do a weekly morning message and read it/do activities with if for the entire week and it has worked well for me. This way I don't have to worry about making something new every day and the kids benefit from repeated readings. I write something like:

Good morning boys and girls. This week we are learning about pumpkins and practicing estimation. On Monday we will go to the computer lab. Have you ever eaten pumpkin pie? (yes/no underneath and they sign thier names)

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Nov 3, 2012

I do something similar to what Tasha does. My morning messages include a reference to whatever big idea we are working on. I will also include a question to help get them thinking. I will also leave a letter out of a word, or not put in a high-frequency word so students can figure out which letter/word goes there. We will also count words in a sentence, or count sentences, maybe even syllables in the words, etc.