Morning Greeting for Assembly

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cmoriarty6588, Mar 7, 2013.

1. cmoriarty6588

cmoriarty6588 New Member

Mar 7, 2013

Hello Everyone!

This year is my first year teaching, and in a few weeks, it's going to be my first time being in charge of a whole school assembly! I've been searching all over the Internet for a morning greeting that greets every individual grade found in a school (mine would be preschool through fourth), but I haven't been successful :( I wanted to find one that greets each of the grades, families, and faculty.

If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much! :)

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 7, 2013

If its not already part of your school culture, a new greeting could be confusing. How are your school programs usually started?

4. cmoriarty6588

cmoriarty6588 New Member

Mar 7, 2013

They either start with announcements or go right into the performance/skit/etc. I would let the other teachers know of the greeting, so that everyone would be prepared for it beforehand.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 7, 2013

Use some standard attention getter (clap a pattern, hand signal, etc) then get into greeting everyone, expectations, emergency evac reminder, then intro the assembly program.

6. First School

First School Rookie

Mar 8, 2013

Assemblies are most powerful way to affect and motivate each of the staff and students of any school. You can make your assembly full of fun and exciting by incorporating leadership opportunities for students, showcasing school talent, or incorporating motivational or holiday themes. You can also incorporate pledge in morning assembly followed by prayer.