more reviews of my website please...

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissFroggy, Aug 13, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

I met with my TA today and we discussed a few things... one of which is snack.

I have never done the kind of snack where parents supply for everyone, but we decided that for younger kids it would be quicker and easier to pass out the dixie cups of goldfish rather than everyone getting out their lunch boxes and eating snack, putting it away and so forth. She has done this before as a kindergarten TA, but I have never before... does this seem clear? I have 16 kids, so 1x a month should be good if the parents bring snack that lasts a couple days, right (like a box of crackers.) I am guessing there will be leftovers. I was thinking that with any dry products, I would get a big sealable container and dump the extras in the tub. Then we could once in awhile have potpourri for snack.

http://www.classjump.com/jessicatls/index.php?section=articles&article_id=3323

**Also, my plan for snack is to do these phonemic awareness activities while they eat.. They are fun and easy to do as a group and they can eat while they do them, as they don't require pencil or paper.**

We also changed the birthday policy, because cooking is too hard with little kids on a regular basis (in the past the kids could use the kitchen and cook, but it will just take too much time and supervision.) Is the ice-cream thing clear on the birthday link??

Thank you, thank you, in advance!!

3. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

Looks good! I love how all your art is in the same style. Does the website provide that?

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 13, 2008

No, I used it from an art share site and I cited all the artists.

5. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Aug 13, 2008

I think it's great! I wish I could do something with ice cream :( I'm pretty limited to vegetables or goldfish because of diets. We have 2 birthdays in 2 weeks and I have no idea how that's gonna go over.