montessori orginal project

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by staceyhenderson, Apr 17, 2006.

1. staceyhenderson

staceyhenderson New Member

Apr 17, 2006

Hi, I'm new to this rorum. I need some help with my Montessori teacher certification ages 3-6. I need to come up with an original project (work) for the classroom. I have to totally make it, take pictures of the work and present it to my instructors. I'm not very creative.
    Thanks, Stacey

3. amy-

amy- Rookie

Apr 17, 2006

A work for what area of the room? (practical life, sensorial, etc...) Where are you taking your training?

4. staceyhenderson

Apr 17, 2006

original project

Amy,
    Thanks for your response. The project can be for any of the areas. I have been trying to think of something for the language area since I am responsible for changing out the work there every month. I am going to school in Austin - I will be finished the end of May. This project along with a couple others are my final works.
    Stacey

5. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Apr 17, 2006

What I did for my special project was to make an album for the language area that contained sequencing pictures. I copied onto cardstock sequencing cards. For example, How to plant a seed, How to eat a cookie, etc. I made about 20 and divided all the science themed together, language together, etc. I colored each sequencing page, cut out the pictures and laminated each picture. I put each sequencing work together with a string and placed in a photo album page.

6. staceyhenderson

Apr 17, 2006

Excellent idea. Thanks!