Montana 1948?

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by MsMar, Aug 24, 2015.

1. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Aug 24, 2015

I am curious if any of the English teachers here have taught the book Montana 1948. My son (entering 10th grade) read it for his required summer reading. I decided to read it as well. I did this mainly so that we could chat about the book to help him be more ready for whatever assignment he gets when school starts up. If anyone has anything to share: quizzes, discussion questions, projects... I'd love to see them. I found a few things on line but thought I'd check with you guys as well.

Thanks a bunch!

I thought this book was a much better read than last summer's book BTW, Haroun and the Sea of Stories, which neither of us enjoyed at all. With this book, once I got past the fact that my son was reading a book where it's based around a doctor who has molested and raped several of his Native American patients, I enjoyed it. My son said he thought it was boring, but I thought it was well written. Our discussion about the book has not gone past his one sentence answer of telling me he thought it was boring, but we'll definitely have a more thorough discussion. And again, thanks to any of you able to help out with that discussion or quiz type questions.