mommaruthie - please read

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Amanda, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Oct 13, 2002

Hi,

I've sent you several messages via email, and based on your responses, it sounds like you haven't received them. Please confirm. I thought I fixed your mommaruthie account, and I'm not sure why you are still having problems.

Send me a private message if you want.

Thanks,
    Amanda

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Oct 13, 2002

i have no way of replying

Amanda,
    i cant respond as ruthie and mommaruthie messages tells me wrong password. HELP, i miss you guys! Ruth

4. Amanda

Oct 13, 2002

I resent all the messages that you didn't get. Let me know if you have them now. :)

5. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 13, 2002

i hope i am in now

am i in now?

6. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 13, 2002

in now

i am in as long as i use your password. let me try changing it with profile. oh, gotta wait my 75 seconds

7. Amanda

Oct 13, 2002

woo-hoo!!

Let me know if you have any other problems. By the way, the only messages I have removed recently were those posted by someone who was pretending to be different people and repeatedly posting links to the same websites. You left a really good response to one of their posts so I left your response there. Some of the threads were repeats of others so I just deleted the whole thing. I can't remember if you were part of those threads or not... but that should be all that is missing. :)

I'm glad you're back!

8. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 13, 2002

good to be back

I thought i was so hooked on coming every day but i realize its a special place for me to get some creativity to others. I miss AJ Damon too. I know its hard to get on line especially since school has started. This site has gotten me thru a summer that could have been soooo boring. now that i am back to school it feels so good to share with you all. Thanks for the special place. i will visit again soon . ruth

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 14, 2002

ruth - I know I am not the only one who would miss terribly your intelligent and comprehensive posts if you were not able to get on daily. Please keep the suggestions coming. Your ideas are a wonderful example of appropriate methods and creative planning.
    (Not to mention that you commiserate about the lack of fall in Florida.)

Debbie

10. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 14, 2002

and scarecrow Ill miss you the most

thanks upsadaisy
    I will see you here. ruth

11. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Oct 16, 2002

My laptop broke and I've been offline for six days. Going crazy!

Whatever happened to AJ and Mr Reich? The latter has not posted since August.

-Missing old buddies
    Angela

12. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 16, 2002

missing posters

I dont know if AJ is still on. Is Nick still visiting? Its a shame we dont hear from them.. ruth

13. 5leafclover

5leafclover Companion

Nov 5, 2002

That's Mr. REITZ! J/K

Hey!

:) I have been SO busy since school started. I've been trying to get back into stopping by and checking in every once in a while but it seems like there are so many posts to read and I started running out of time or feeling overwhelmed.

I miss reading all of the posts and replying but it just seems like there aren't enough hours in the day! By the time I get home from school.(I'm teaching in an extended day program) it's already late.

I've been having a pretty rough time with 2nd grade. Last year when I taught K I loved it every day and I couldn't wait to get to school but this year it just isn't the same. Kindergarten was perfect for me and 2nd is just OK. So i have been having to try to make myself enjoy school more. Anyway, I've requested a K job for next year. If I don't get it then I guess I could handle 2nd but it just isn't as fun to me.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to get back into the routine of checking the posts again on a regular basis. I miss you guys!

Nick

14. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Nov 5, 2002

missed you

good to hear from you nick. wish you had more uplifting news. Maybe we can be of a sounding board for you. Visit if you need us. ruth

15. Amanda

Nov 6, 2002

Hi Nick,

It's good to hear from you again! I know what you mean about loving kindergarten. So do I. I taught first last year, and was considering second. Instead, I moved back to my old school and I'm teaching kindergarten again. I am so glad I did because it is so much fun.

However, just think about all the fun things that you can do with second graders that you can't do with kindergartners. They can take on so much responsibility and you can go more in depth in your studies. Try to find an area that you really enjoy and focus on that. :) It is a hard adjustment to move up one grade, so I can only imagine what it's like to go from K to 2. I hope you can find something that will make you start loving your work again!!

Amanda