Mole Removal

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ku_alum, Jun 1, 2009.

1. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

Anyone ever have a mole removed?
    I've always had a mole on my eyelid and now it is starting to be noticeable.
    I've told myself I would take care of it this summer.
    The thought makes me sick. I hate needles. A needle in the eyelid, are you KIDDING me?
    I just found a vidoe on YouTube of a mole being removed from a guy's back ... I stopped watching. Bleck.

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 1, 2009

I've had one removed on my thigh because it was starting to look weird. So I had it removed just incase it might turn into skin cancer.

My doctor taught me that moles can turn into skin cancer.

Can you use eyeshadow or some other kind of makeup? I wouldn't want something removed from my eyelid since it's such a delicate area.

4. MuggleBug

MuggleBug Companion

Jun 1, 2009

I've had a number removed on my back. It feels like a little warm pinch for a second and that's it.

5. fuzed_fizzion

fuzed_fizzion Comrade

Jun 1, 2009

Depending on the size and shape of the mole there are different ways they are removed. I have had several removed from different locations. The have just scraped it off, another they used something called "a punch" to dig a little deeper because of the type of mole. The always numb the area if I want and remove it. I don't like to watch either, so I just turn my head and my doctor tells me when they are all done.

6. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

I have had a few moles removed. It really isn't that bad... and I am NOT a good patient. My doctor numbed the area, and it was over before I knew it. I kept my eyes closed and took deep breaths.

7. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

It's not bad, I've had a whole lot worse things do. Just do it and get it over with. Don't spend much time thinking about it. It's like having a baby, you get started and cant' turn back. :)

8. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jun 1, 2009

I've had 2 whole one's removed (1 back and 1 face), and a partial one on my neck, just to check it.

I had the one on my back done first, I was SO nervous (I also hate needles and medical procedures) so I had my husband meet me in the doctors office. The nurses thought I was crazy, I could tell, and it seriously only lasted like 2 minutes if that. No pain really, when they put in the numbing stuff it kinda burns for a second but that's it.

The thought of them sticking me with a needle in the face and neck FREAKED me out. But I had no time to prepare, I went in for what I thought was the consultation, but the doctor said that one of them she really needed to check so she was going to do it right then and there and I tried to keep my composure...and it literally felt like nothing and I was in and out in 5 minutes!

But, since it's on your eyelid, I'm not sure how they would remove that really...I can't imagine they'd put a needle in your eyelid...maybe they would do it close to your eye?

If I could do it, you could do it! Believe me. :)

9. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

I had 3 removed from my back. I have such anxiety about things like this. My doc was great. There was a little pinch and never felt anything. The worst part for me was I had an allergic reaction to the bandaids I had to wear. Even latex free ones.

Dont worry, do it and get it done!

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

You guys are making me feel better. I am one of those anxious patients that makes myself sick with worry.

I have an appt on Friday with my doctor for a followup on my blood pressure. I will talk to her about it then. I really like her and she "gets" that I am a bad patient. :)

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2009

i am glad you asked this because I have a little one on my lower eyelid too that I would like removed. I should talk to my doctor about it, as well.

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2009

I've had several removed. I'm a wimp with needles, and it wasn't bad . . . just a slight burn for a second.

13. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

Will I have an ugly thing while it heals?

14. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jun 1, 2009

I am so glad that you mentioned this! I want to have 2 moles removed -- one on my hand (I have a student with autism who keeps trying to pinch and scratch it off, lol) and one on my thigh.

15. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jun 1, 2009

Well, that makes 3 of us ready for mole removal!