Moisturizing Lotion

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by doubletrouble, Nov 30, 2013.

1. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Companion

Nov 30, 2013

Hello,
    My hands have been staying so dry. They are almost embarrassing.
    My legs and feet are very dry too.
    What do you recommend as really good moisturizing lotion? Victoria's Secret and Bath&Body works lotion is just not doing it. Please help.

3. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Nov 30, 2013

My husband just picked up Lubriderm in a white and blue bottle and I really like it. I hate the greasy feel of lotion so I avoid using it even when I am really dry, but I like this and it work quickly and doesn't leave a greasy feeling.

4. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 30, 2013

Mary Kay's hydrating lotion works well for me. I'm not a lotion fan, but have very dry hands and feet due to diabetes, and that suff works without feeling icky.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 30, 2013

I like Lubriderm when I'm very dry.

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 30, 2013

I have extremely dry skin. I use Lubriderm, Aquaphor, a Gold Bond, and Nivea. The ones with dimethecone work well.

Fragrances and dyes make my skin itch, so I avoid those.

7. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 30, 2013

http://www.sebamedusa.com/

If you try this, you'll (hopefully) never have to look for another lotion again! It's not sticky, thick, or greasy, yet it lasts through washings & has a neutral scent. It's called SebaMed. CVS carries it & on the occasional basis, so does Costco. Other stores in your area may have it too. You can also order online above & there's a Black Friday through Cyber Monday special.

8. janlee

janlee Devotee

Nov 30, 2013

Exactly what I would have recommended. I have been using it for years.

9. chemnerd19

chemnerd19 Companion

Nov 30, 2013

I have really dry skin too.

I have some lotion from Crabtree and Evelyn that works wonderfully. I find it doesn't produce a greasy sensation like many other lotions do.

10. waterfall

waterfall Virtuoso

Nov 30, 2013

I also use lubriderm. I put it over my whole body when I get out of the shower, and I also keep a small bottle in my purse for my hands throughout the day. I put vaseline on my feet at night and then put socks on. It's the only thing I've found that actually keeps them from drying out.

11. stargirl

stargirl Companion

Dec 1, 2013

I've found Eucerin to work well.

12. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Dec 1, 2013

I like Gold Bond ( non medicated) for the depths of winter.

13. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Dec 1, 2013

My feet tend to get extremely dry (sometimes they even peel) and the rest of my skin occasionally follows suit, so I first use a moisturizing body wash (Dove Deep Moisture Nourishing Body Wash is my favorite), then as soon as I get out the shower, I pat myself dry and immediately put on either Keri or Nivea from head to toe because I've read that your pores are more open when you immediately get out the shower so lotion "soaks in" better. I don't know if that's true, but when I do this, my skin looks and feels a lot better.

Dove also makes an in-shower lotion. I've never tried it, but I accidentally purchased a bottle for my mom (i thought it was regular lotion) and she loved it. She said that it was so good she doesn't even put on lotion outside the shower anymore.

If you're really dry, then definitely go with the Keri, it's doesn't clog your pores, but it's really good and safe for sensitive skin (mom used it on me when I was a baby)

14. Loveslabs

Loveslabs Companion

Dec 1, 2013

I now use goat milks soap, and that has made a difference. I still use lotion, but if I forget a day of applying lotion it is ok. Before skipping a day of lotion would have caused me to scratch until I bled.

15. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 1, 2013

I know I sound like I work for them, but Lush makes really good lotions and balms. Not only do they work, but they are made out of ethically obtained products, and are almost all vegan. When they use eggs, dairy, or beeswax, they are super picky about their source. Each batch is handmade. If you have sensitive skin, try Dream Cream. If you need more moisture, Sympathy for the Skin is amazing! Ultrabalm is a neat balm that is totally vegan! It works really well, too. They have some good hand creams, also, but I've never used them because my hands don't get that dry.

16. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Dec 1, 2013

What do these products smell like? I'd like to try the Sympathy for the Skin. :thumb:

17. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 1, 2013

Sympathy for the Skin smells like bananas. Not that fake banana smell, but it feels like you are rubbing a banana smoothie on yourself. It's not exactly edible, though they have a few products that are. They have free shipping this weekend, I think, so if you don't have a store near you, now is the time to try them.