Mister Men cards help

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by ellie81, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Nov 10, 2008

Hi guys,
    Just wondering as I need some "Mr.Men" cards would anyone know any good website links that I can go to that would have some "Mr Men" game cards?
    I'd like to use them for Literacy activites, I think they may come in handy with the preps and grade one children.

Cheers,

Ellie :)

3. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

4. MrsWbee

MrsWbee Companion

Nov 11, 2008

I don't have any websites, but I just wanted to give you a big thumbs up for using Mister Men. I LOVE this series and the Little Miss series!!! I've been reading them all my life and have instilled that love into my own daughter. I'm buying her the Little Miss boxed set at Borders for Xmas (Only $17!) Okay... enough hijacking!! ;)

5. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Nov 11, 2008

I used to have a ton of their coloring books...and they had a couple of items at target that featured the Mister Men and Little Miss characters a few weeks ago...my husband and I bought one of the "How do you feel today?" magnets and you can pick a character...it's funny:p

6. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Nov 13, 2008

Thanks guys. I've never heard of Little Miss books before. I thought there was only the Mister Men books?

With the Mister Men flashcards do you know how much they are at Target and were they under the children's books section at Target?

Kind regards,

7. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Nov 13, 2008

Is 5th grade too old for the Little Miss and Mr. Men series. I am thinking of having them write their own Little Miss book and make up all the characteristics. They haven't written any stories at all so I thought it would be a good way to start.

Too babyish?

8. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Nov 14, 2008

I think this would be a good way to work on feelings or characters, since each has a specific quality.

9. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 14, 2008

The Target stuff was in their dollar section. I got a wipe-off board.

10. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008

The Little Miss series of books are they separate to the Mr Men books?

Where can I find the dollar section at Target? I've never heard of that section before for the Mr Men flashcards?

Also, anyone know of any good website links where I can find free copies of Mister Men game cards/flashcards? With the Mister Men flashcards do you know how much they are at Target and were they under the children's books section at Target?

Cheers,

11. Bonnie gr. 2

Bonnie gr. 2 Companion

Nov 16, 2008

Roger Hargreaves, then later his son, wrote the series of books. Barnes & Noble and Target have some but not most of the series. I have some old ones from Troll Books, 25 years old now. I also bought some in London a few years ago. You can also find some used ones on e-bay.

Target had things in the "See Spot Save" sections. They had wirpe-off boards, flip flops, pens, magnets, and notepads. Most of the things in that section are a dollar, but not all.

This fall FYE (the music store) had stuffed characters and some pins and magnets. You might find them on clearance.

I also have a few small figurines from Arby's kids meals that I bought on e-bay. The kids love them.

There is a show on cartoon network.

12. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Nov 20, 2008

Does anyone know if The Little Miss series of books are separate to the Mr Men books?

Also, anyone know of any good website links where I can find free copies of Mister Men game cards/flashcards? I'd like to write them down to use them for my resources folder.

With the Mister Men flashcards do you know how much they are at Target and were they under the children's books section at Target?

Cheers,

13. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Nov 27, 2008

Where can I find the dollar section at Target? I've never heard of that section before for the Mr Men flashcards?

Also, anyone know of any good website links where I can find free copies of Mister Men game cards/flashcards? With the Mister Men flashcards do you know how much they are at Target and were they under the children's books section at Target?

Cheers,

14. ellie81

ellie81 Rookie

Dec 3, 2008

If anyone can please help answer below it would help me out a great deal.

Thanks,