Missing Thread?? McKinney North

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Major, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jan 9, 2007

Hello All,

I'm looking for a thread which discussed the McKinney North cheerleader controversy. :confused: I can't find it. Can anyone help?

Thanks and have a good evening...

Major Hunt :) :) :)

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 9, 2007

I have a feeling that it was removed.

4. AngelHead

AngelHead Comrade

Jan 9, 2007

i can't find it either. why would they remove it?

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jan 9, 2007

I noticed that a lot of people had just joined this forum to discuss the topic at hand, and I had noticed towards the end of the thread that there was some very strange postings, it got weird. I wonder if that's why it got removed.

6. AngelHead

AngelHead Comrade

Jan 9, 2007

well, now I really want to read it. where is that thing?

7. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jan 9, 2007

I noticed it was missing too. I saw and reported the weird posts, but usually they are removed and the thread stays open.

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jan 9, 2007

I think Amanda may have made a decision about this one. I don't see it anywhere.

9. Major

Major Connoisseur

Jan 9, 2007

Upsadaisy, I'm just an old corporate retiree, new to the teaching world, and certainly new to this forum (relatively speaking).

I respectfully ask why would the thread be "deleted?" After all it addressed a situation in the "teaching" world. I would think that at the very least whoever "deleted" it would explain the reason for doing so.......

Thanks much,
    Major Hunt :) :) :)

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 9, 2007

If it was still here it would be listed at the bottom of this thread under 'similar threads'. I wasn't following the thread although I read the story online and found it reprehensible from so many angles. If the discussion did take a weird, un-'teaching world' slant I can see why it would be deleted. There's plenty of sites on the net with voyeuristic and tabloid-esque flavors...I'm glad this is one that at least tries its best to maintain a sense of decorum in the 'teaching world' threads and has some fun in the 'chit chat' threads without getting TOO out of line...Threads are locked here all the time for a variety of reasons and I've seen others deleted. It generally doesn't bother me.

11. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jan 9, 2007

Hey guys - Due to the national attention of the issue, I think it was popping up on google and we were having a lot of people signing up and posting some things that didn't belong here. It was late at night and I didn't have time to selectively remove posts and close the thread so I moved the whole thing. As kinder said, usually just the weird posts would be removed, but knowing that the popularity of the thread was probably due to it coming up on google, the only solution would be to kill the thread. If I have time I'll remove the "weird posts" and just close it so you can still refer to it, but whatever, you'll need to open a new thread to continue the discussion. As always, don't take it personally, and don't overthink it. :)

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 9, 2007

Thanks Amanda!! Again, we appreciate your standards for maintaining a quality site!!:love: