Missing School???

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by skittleroo, Jul 7, 2010.

1. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2010

Anyone else craving to go back to school??

I mean I love summer and not having any responsibilities - sleep late stay up late.....

But I am looking at websites for ideas, getting a plan ready for first day AND.... I just can't wait. I miss the little ones (kinder)..

Anyone else feel like me or am I just a lunatic>>>>:D

And no this is isn't my first year. This is my 6th year:whistle:

3. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 7, 2010

If you are crazy, then I guess I'll be in the rubber room next to you. I look forward to it all summer. I am constantly thinking of new things and buying new things. I very much look forward to it. I also enjoy my summers. Crazy balance.

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2010

This is my 7th day off (including the weekend)--I'm not missing much of anything yet.

5. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010

I miss having someplace 14 miles away to ride my bike to each day.

6. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2010

We have 7 more weeks until school starts. Of course when it does I will miss summer...... It's an endless cycle with me.

7. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010

I'm with you skittleroo. I loveeeeeeeee summer break, but I also get really excited to implement new ideas and meet the kids etc.!!!

8. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2010

We just got started. Tomorrow is my first summer SAT prep class.

And, as much as I LOVE teaching, there's nothing like a lazy summer afternoon in the pool with Peter and the kids.

Nope. Not missing it yet.

9. MrsHoot

MrsHoot Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

I am in the middle! I did summer school for 3 weeks and was going to my classroom every day after. I miss my kids that I had last year, but my room is not ready and I'm not ready for the first grade crew! BUT I have been excited about implementing new ideas, etc., etc. But I am enjoying this week so far by sleeping in, decorating my house and lounging around. =)

10. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2010

I miss the routine and the purpose of each day. But I am enjoying the lazier pace and the daily naps!

11. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jul 7, 2010

I'm entering a new grade level (have been super-excited just to see "First Grade" next to my name on posts-such a nerd!). So I'm really excited too. It only took a few days after summer school ended for me not to really know what to do with myself. I'm spending a lot of time (and unfortunately money) planning too. Next year our school is going through a lot of changes-for the better, I'm anxious to see that all play out.

But the naps and not having to get up to an alarm (even though I still have that canine alarm which isn't programmed for snooze during summer vacation) has been pretty cool.

12. passionateacher

passionateacher Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

So glad I'm not the only "weird" one! I've been on this site everyday and other google'd sites to find ideas. I'm about to go to the library to check out/read The Daily 5.

I'm not ready to start teaching again, I am just ready to set up my classroom and organize everything. I wish I could do that now and then start summer vaca.

My excuse is I am at home with my 2 year old daughter E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y so I'm not really getting much "me" time except when she naps. So I'm not lounging around on the couch all day (although I wish I could). I haven't even been watching tv! I just feel guilty to do these things with her in the house. So I've been at the library and parks and playing with her until she wants her own space. If only I'd had twins...maybe they'd keep themselves busy together!

Here I am rambling...

13. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2010

I agree about having time to do whatever I want and especially not having to get up too early. But I always get great ideas I want to try and am scared of forgetting them. I wish we could work like 3 days a week. That would be perfect!

14. ChemTeachBHS

ChemTeachBHS Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

Not missing it yet. Got out the 28th and went straight to the airport to Las Vegas. I've only been home 1 day so far. I think I'm still detoxing from the past school year.

15. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

That's what I love about teaching. Every year is a NEW beginning and I can try to improve things that didn't work well! I'm loving summer, but spend an equal amount of time on here getting new ideas and I've already been to my classroom cleaning out my closet and straightening filing cabinets, etc. (Also, I'm already having school dreams! CRAZY!:woot:)

16. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 8, 2010

I miss my routine. I get cranky when I don't have an agenda for the day. LOL.

17. mrs100

mrs100 Comrade

Jul 8, 2010

I'm with you! I miss school SO much, but I do love summer. Its my first summer with a baby at home with me, and that's kept me busy, but I still go in to school once a week for a few hours to work on some things for next year. I always seem to find myself with my laptop on during my daughter's naps googling something for school. It is indeed a vicious cycle! I love summer and I love my job. Not a bad thing at all!

18. wrice

wrice Habitué

Jul 8, 2010

In another week I'll end up saying something pithy to my wife and she'll call me ornery and tell me I have pent-up smart-alecy remarks having been a month without school kids haha.

But no, not ready to go back yet- too long a to-do list!

19. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 8, 2010

I wish I could get into my classroom, but we don't have access until August 2. I know that I would spend lots of time in my classroom if allowed, cleaning, painting, and decorating, but as it is, I'm spending hours (and dollars) planning and taking PD classes! I can't wait to go back - this year will be my 2nd year at the same school, and I get to see my former students all grown up as 2nd graders!

20. SummerIsTooLong

SummerIsTooLong Rookie

Jul 9, 2010

I think about a week in I was ready to go back. It's been over a month out and Summer School starts in about a week. I'm just WAY excited and ready to get in the classroom, get it set up and get to work! Like I tell my friends who ask: My job isn't a chore, it's getting to do what I love ALL DAY!

21. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jul 9, 2010

I enjoy the break but also look forward to meeting my new class. I think the anxiety of not having the room ready for them wears on me a little. Even though we have 5 weeks left before school starts I will be in my room in about 2 just getting it started. Sometimes I think that I would be suited more for year-round school as having all this time off during the summer gets to be overkill. Of course it is different if you are vacationing and have lots of kiddies around the house.

22. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 9, 2010

I am very exctied to go back. I get cabin fever very easily. I do enjoy a day in my pj's every now and then. I will definitely miss my maps though.:yawn:

23. Zelda~*

Zelda~* Devotee

Jul 9, 2010

I miss school.

I love having time off, but I have to keep busy or I get depressed and anxious. My routine is important.

24. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 9, 2010

Not even a little. I had a tough year. But I do miss the kids and my coworkers. Just not teaching...I need a break :)

25. boomer mitra

boomer mitra Rookie

Jul 10, 2010

I miss my student life when I used to go late every day..lol..those were amazing days of my life..now i scold children for coming late!