Missing my kiddies

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by teacher36, May 29, 2009.

1. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

May 29, 2009

I just had my appendix taken out on Saturday (ouch!!!) and have missed a whole week of school. I see my surgeon on Monday morning and then was planning to return to work Monday afternoon (I only teach afternoons) but my director called me today and told me to take Mon off and come back only after the surgeon says it's ok. I definitely need the rest but I really miss my kiddies. They sent me flowers and they ask my asst about me everyday (my assistant, who by the way sent my family a catered dinner and a card signed by all my children-isn't she awesome??)
    This definitely was not a good time for this to happen. I feel like we have so much left to do and they are graduating in 3 weeks :eek:

Hopefully, I'll be well enough to get back soon. Thanks for listening :)

3. Kase

Kase Companion

May 29, 2009

Awww get better soon! I had my appendix taken out when I was in 8th grade. It was pretty awesome though because I got excused from PE for the rest of the year! WOO HOO! Your assistant sounds awesome! You have a great co-worker!

4. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

May 30, 2009

Thank you. She really is awesome, thank God I have her!!!

5. Kase

Kase Companion

May 31, 2009

Yeah it is totally difficult to find an amazing assistant. I have some awesome co-teachers as well. It's a blessing!

6. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Jun 7, 2009

could you maybe stop by for a quick visit to put the kids minds at ease that you are okay and you the doctor says you need to get some more resting time for your body to be all better soyoucan come back and be with them every day?

7. teacher36

teacher36 Comrade

Jun 7, 2009

I'm actually back to work. Although, now they are saying that my gallbladder needs to come out. I only have 2 weeks of school left so I'm going to stick it out until then. The kids were so happy to have me back and they are sooooo gentle with their hugs that it makes me want to cry. I love my job!!!!!!!!! If I was doing something else, I certainly would not have come back so quickly!