Miss Universe is on tonight!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Aug 23, 2010.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 23, 2010

I keep joking with my husband that I wonder what Miss Saturn (or another planet) looks like :lol:

Anyways, I'm excited to watch it tonight because it's at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas where we stayed a week ago! They got there early to have fun and rehearse because we saw a few with their sashes on by the elevator. I thought there were celebrities or something the way my husband let go of my hand to whip out the camera like all the other men there acting like papparazzi! Yeah I got mad briefly for him not explaining why he let go of my hand so quickly but I forgave him later ;)

What do you think of beauty pagaents?

I think they're fun to watch as long as there are other aspects instead of just flaunting their bodies like the talent and question segments! :)

What is your favorite part to watch?

I like the question part because I know they're nervous and want to see how they remain composed and answer. I also like the talent part.

3. EDUK8_ME

EDUK8_ME Cohort

Aug 23, 2010

I don't watch pageants but since Miss USA is from my home state (GO MICH.) I hope she does well.

4. Major

Major Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2010

I think beauty pageants are boring........ (Now if all the contestants were Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders..... I might tune in..:lol::lol:)

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Aug 23, 2010

hehehe, yeah I'm more interested in watching this year to see where we stayed again. They have nice pools at Mandalay Bay!

6. Major

Major Connoisseur

Aug 23, 2010

Can't blame you there, TennisPlayer..... Everything about Mandalay Bay is first class.... :thumb:

7. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Aug 23, 2010

Mexico won!!! Our second Miss Universe!!! :)

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Aug 23, 2010

awww; I missed most of the show and even the ending!! LOL - but, I love watching the pageants.

I was voting for Austrailia; I didn't see Miss U.S.A in the top 10 :woot: is that true?!?? Congrats to Miss Mexico.

9. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

Blah. I'd trade bodies with them, sure! But beyond that, I simply can't stand the pagaents.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

I take that back! I love pagaents because I'm confident I can watch this several times each day, every single day, and I will have tears in my eyes each time. Maybe I'm heartless...

11. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 23, 2010

They always make me think of the movie with Sandra Bullock. Not a pageant...Scholarship!!!

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 23, 2010

I love watching beauty pageants. I love the evening gown competition. I'll miss the 1st half of tonight's Miss Universe because I'm recording 2 other shows at once. I should be able to watch it starting at 10p.