Mini offices...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by **Mrs.A**, Jun 23, 2009.

1. **Mrs.A**

**Mrs.A** Comrade

Jun 23, 2009

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 23, 2009

Those look cool - I am looking to see if I can figure out a way to use them for my high schoolers :)

4. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 23, 2009

I use them with my first graders and they are great! I glued two file folders together and have language arts information on one side, math on the other. They took a long time to make, but if you have all the copies ready, they can be done assembly-line style. One downside is the laminating doesn't really stick with the double-layer of file folder, so you'll probably need to use clear packing tape around the edges.

Try jmeacham.com too for mini-office ideas. :)

5. missidy

missidy Rookie

Jun 23, 2009

I started doing these earlier this year--printed out some resources...but ended up just laminating the file folders to make a trifold that was blank. I had a few students who just needed this "partition" to keep them focused and not worrying about others (they sat at tables of 6). I think the mini-office with resources is a great idea but needs lots of teaching of 'how' to use it or it wouldn't be utilized effectively. The plain dividers still work great!

6. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jun 23, 2009

i use the mini offices plain so that I can use them during testing.

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 23, 2009

I used abcteach and other resources to put together mini-offices last year and the kids almost never used them. I hate when that happens. I probably introduced them wrong somehow.

8. tgim

tgim Habitué

Jun 24, 2009

I have made these before, but I also use them plain for testing. I didn't glue them, I just layered them as I put them through the laminator. They held up for two years, so now I need to make some more. (Anyone who defaces or misuses their "office" hands it in and gets a crummy old one for a grading period.)

9. carlea

carlea Comrade

Jun 25, 2009

I love this idea! Now I'm debating on using these or making copies for each student to keep in his/her notebook. Hmmm...

10. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jun 25, 2009

I think it depends on your purpose... If you want the kids to have some "privacy" (especially if you're at tables), doing mini-offices might be useful. If you just want them to have the info, putting it into notebooks might be easier.