Mimio? What do you use yours for?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by LinzerCastle, Jul 23, 2009.

1. LinzerCastle

LinzerCastle Rookie

Jul 23, 2009

Hi, all!

My school is purchasing Mimio's this year for every classroom. I have looked over their website, but am still not clear on what exactly you could use it for. Can it be used to project handouts/papers onto the board?

Any ideas that you have used or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

3. clld2tch

clld2tch Rookie

Jul 23, 2009

If I'm not mistaken I believe that it projects onto your regular whiteboard so that it operates like a smartboard. Same concept, just more compact....i think.

4. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 23, 2009

The mimio does not project, you will need a digital projector for that. The mimio creates an interactive field on your whiteboard that turns your whiteboard into a SMARTboard.

So, if you have a digital projector ... you can control your computer (screen) from the whiteboard.

If you do not have a digital projector ... you can write on the whiteboard with the mimio markers and save anything you create on the board on your computer. There are templates to use, too. Of course, you can do this if you have a projector, too.

5. clld2tch

clld2tch Rookie

Jul 23, 2009

So I WAS mistaken....sorry. Thanks for clearing that up.:blush:

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 23, 2009

You were very close to right ... it is the same concept as a SMARTboard, just more compact.

The "projecting" (for both Mimio and SMARTboard) come from the digital projector.