Mimio Question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Kris8806, May 28, 2009.

1. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

May 28, 2009

Hi all!

I'm hopefully about to sign a contract for a third grade position. The classroom comes equipped with a Mimio. In researching the interactive boards I noticed that Smartboard and Promethean have many more lesson plans than Mimio does. Can I use those other lessons on the Mimio?

A tutorial that I saw on YouTube said that all the interactive boards work similarly so I thought I could somehow use them.

I thought for example that if I downloaded the flipchart viewer then I could use the flipcharts on the Mimio.

Any info on this would be great! I have no experience with interactive boards but I would love to be able to utilize it as much as possible!

Thanks!

3. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

May 28, 2009

I'm curious about this, too. I just got a mimio in my classroom this year. I haven't heard of the flipchart viewer but am definitely going to look into it now!

Anything you could interact with on your computer, you can interact with on the mimio.

4. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

May 29, 2009

That's what I understood - that anything you can interact with on the computer you can interact with on the mimio.

Nattles - If you check on the Promethean website and click where it has all the lesson plans, there is an area where it lets you download the viewer for the lessons.

5. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

May 29, 2009

Have you explored www.lynnreedy.com yet?

Or www.mimioconnect.com? You have to register to access the lessons there, but you'll be able to do that when you have to serial number from your mimio.

I am going to download that flipchart viewer, thanks!

6. Kris8806

Kris8806 Companion

May 29, 2009

Oooo thanks! The lynnreedy website has tons of great ideas! I should be allowed in my room in a few weeks and I'll be sure to get the serial number to start looking things up!

Thanks!