Military Theme

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Beth Young, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Beth Young

Beth Young Rookie

Jul 7, 2007

I am thinking about having a military theme in my classroom this year. I teach at a Christian School so I was thinking of a class name as Soldiers of God. I am looking for any fun ideas to go with this. Job names...... Thanks for your help.:D

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2007

Ummmm, I'm not so sure of that one.

Parents may have hugely differing opinions of the war in Iraq, and may think that you're expressing an opinion which is contrary to theirs.

Plus the fact that most little girls want nothing to do with military themes. You don't want to disenfrachise half your class.

I'm in a Catholic school, and I can see what you're getting at, but I think this one might need more thought.

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 7, 2007

I agree with Aliceacc on this one. Maybe you could consider a stars and stripes theme?

5. Beth Young

Beth Young Rookie

Jul 7, 2007

I understand where you are coming from. I don't think that I explained my self very well. I will just stick to the whole "Soldier of God" idea. Thanks for your input.

6. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 7, 2007

I agree w/ Aliceacc too! I don't think military is appropriate. If my child was in a room with a military theme, I would be very offended. I like Cassie's stars and stripes idea & you could find tons of 4th of July stuff marked down right now.