Might be a silly question but what should I say to check status of app?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by shoreline02, Jul 6, 2010.

1. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Jul 6, 2010

On the job posting it says to contact the principals by email if you have any questions about your application. What exactly do I say to them? Just simply ask the status of my application or is there a more considerate way of asking? I think I'm just so nervous I don't want to do anything wrong..

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 6, 2010

You can usually do this online if you applied online. :) They also usually send you an email when your application is complete. If you are asking for interviews with schools, you often have to apply directly online for a position. I would go ahead and email any school that you are interested in working at your resume and cover letter and ask to be considered for any openings. If you are requesting a district interview, I would call the district and ask if your application is considered complete and if you would be able to come in for a screening interview at the district level. Good luck!

4. melissa803

melissa803 Comrade

Jul 7, 2010

I've asked if positions have been filled or if they've begun the interview process as an opener.