Middle School Science Praxis II help

Discussion in 'Single Subject Tests' started by Nick_A, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Nick_A

Nick_A Rookie

Jul 29, 2007

Are there any good websites with information abot this specific exam? I've been studying for the past month, but I'm worried, with the test next Saturday, that I won't do well. I've been using the Prentice Hall Middle School science books to study from, but...I just feel overwhelmed, I guess. I've looked for stuff on the web, and could only find "study guides" where someone just copied material out of a text book. There was nothing about the test itself- what topics they test most frequently, etc.

Maybe I'm just freaking myself out over this, but I don't know. Any good advice from those who've taken the test?

Also, a silly question, but I can't find an official answer anywhere. I know there are no calculators allowed, but is there a lot of computation problems? I'm not worried about my math skills, I just want to know if I need to memorize formulas. Are the formulas given, or do you need to have them memorized?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Jul 30, 2007

The Tests at a Glance document for your Praxis II lays out the topics it can cover. Teacher tests like these typically exist in multiple versions, and new versions can be introduced at any time - so looking for a source to tell you exactly what will be on the test is, at best, fruitless. Instead of gnawing about how many possible topics there are, try looking at the topics in terms of what they have in common and in terms of what you can cobble together in one topic using what you know about another.