Middle School bulletin board ideas

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by CDOR79, Aug 12, 2019.

1. CDOR79

CDOR79 Comrade

Aug 12, 2019

So I’ll be teaching ELA to 6th, 7th and 8th graders this year. It'll be my first time teaching Middle School.

I’m trying to think of some ideas for bulletin boards for all 3 grades. My classroom will be an 8th grade homeroom but all three grades will be in my room at one point in the day. I’m curious of what kinds of boards/themes you put up and how often do you change them.

Thank you!

3. flairpen

flairpen Rookie

Aug 12, 2019

This is what I am new to teaching this year too (formerly Grade 1). I am separating off three separate sections for each grade so they have their own sort of anchor chart board. I am going to have one word wall with each class colour-coded and then one large bulletin board for student work.

4. Aces

Aces Habitué

Aug 13, 2019

One idea I saw one of our English teachers using was what she called a "curiosity board". Basically, the idea is that students can use an index card to write something on the board that they're curious to explore more about. Be it something that was discussed in class, something they saw on the news, etc (as long as it's school appropriate of course). Then you go behind them and add books to read or resources to check out that are related to the topic. She said she's been doing it a couple years and it's been a big success. Showed me pictures from last year where she had used colored thread to "link" different topics together. Like for instance if one student was curious about star wars, another was curious about music/film scores, and another was curious about film making, all three of the topics might be linked together.

MrsC and nstructor like this.
  5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 13, 2019

I have three boards. One is for my procedures. One is for my calendar. The other is for announcements, articles from the paper about our kids, etc.

I don’t change them.

bella84 likes this.