MICHAEL Michael Kors Backpack Camo - hmmmm

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teachling, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Sep 1, 2014

So yesterday I went to Macys and noticed they had Michael Kors bags on sale. As I was just causally glancing I spotted a back pack that caught might attention just like the one in the link below. I attempted to do a price check to see how much it costs but the price wouldn't come up so I had the sales lady do it for me. Anyway, she confirmed that it was on sale and so I asked her to put it on hold for me since I was still heading to other stores and on my way out would pick it up. It was the only one they had.

From there I stopped at a Michael Kors Store that was also close by and noticed that the same pattern of the bag I was looking to buy is the latest being sold in various types of hand bags and wallets. The interesting thing was that they did not have the backpack I was looking at. The sales lady did mentioned that they and Macys don't always carry the same type of bags. Still I thought it was interesting that they wouldn't have the backpack of that pattern since they had everything else, particularly being the back to school season.

So I went back to buy the backpack since I realize I was getting a great deal and loved the pattern. When the lady went to ring it up, it came back as being a recall bag and that they couldn't sale it. I did some further research and realized that every single website I visited showed it as either being sold out, unavailable or I couldnt access the site.

It just makes me more curious and wondering how can this bag be a recall if it's so popular. I normally wouldn't spend time writing about something like this but I find it very bizzard. Have you ever had experience something like this?
    http://findnsave.ajc.com/offer/MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-Small-Camo-Backpack/43381325/

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2014

Recalls have nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the integrity of the item. Something is wrong/defective with the item.

ETA- It also may not be that popular. If it is recalled, they can't sell it, which is why it shows that it is sold out everywhere.

4. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Sep 1, 2014

I have no idea if this is the case but its also possible the sales lady saw the price, decided she wanted it for herself, and told you it was recalled. I worked in retail in college and saw tons of people do things like this. I have no idea how common it is for a purse/backpack to be recalled though so I could be completely wrong.

The store I worked at had a system where if you scanned the price at a self check and it wouldn't come up, that was because it was on clearance and was around 90% off when scanned at a register.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2014

I seriously doubt this was the case.
    I worked at a company that would not allow you to ring up an item that had been recalled. There was no way to bypass it. When scanned, it would come up with a message. Something like 'Recalled item. Remove from shelf immediately."

6. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Sep 1, 2014

Yes! So the first time the original sales lady scan the price, she didn't tell me that it was recall. When I went back the second time, a different sales person indicated that she was wanting to get herself one but that now she would have to order it since I was purchasing the last one. When she ran it, that's when the 'discovery' was made.

I do have several theories and think that it may have more to do with this bag slipping through the cracks as to the way it should gave been sold or a mistake that was overlook by buyer and now looks embarrassing to the store. Of course can't prove it....:blush:

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 1, 2014

Again, the store could have been completely truthful. Where I worked, if I ran a price check, it would give me the item's price. If I tried to ring it up for a sale, it would not allow me to do anything- even see the price.