Michael Jackson???

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scienceteach82, Jun 25, 2009.

1. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2009

graceland wasn't bankrupt (that I know of) and have you seen news special showing how Neverland is in such disrepair.

He left Neverland. I could never go, but......I don't get Graceland either.

2. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 26, 2009

Yes, I know they want to do all this now (releasing unknown songs, Neverland, & God knows what else) because he was in such great debt.

It would really be a sad thing if the kids became paupers after all the debt is payed.

3. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2009

yeah that would be awful.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 26, 2009

Now the news is saying that ironically back in Jan, they said he had 6 mos to live, had a deadly genetic disorder, & needed a lung transplant, but I guess was too weak to have it done.

I wonder will the unknown mother of his 3rd child ever be disclosed now? BTW, Debbie Roe, the mother of his other two will probably get custody it was said, even though she gave up parental rights in the past.

5. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2009

My kids are freaking out over all the crouch grabbing in the videos.

Then my other one said, "He must have learned from Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown" - talking about his dance moves

That is cute!!!!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 26, 2009

:lol: jeannie! If they only knew....

It is rumored that MJ is $500 mil in debt. He had been relying on benefactors to live. Even though he was making $19 mil/year off his songs, he was spending $30 mi/year. So very sad that his kids will probably never see any money from all this. I've heard that they want to make Neverland a museum of MJ's life and career.

I think that more people had access to MJ's music then they did Elvis's music and I think it's all relative in time.

7. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Jun 26, 2009

All I have to say in lieu of all the negative news I have been hearing about MJ is that he will be greatly missed. There will never be another MJ, moon walker quite like him, and another who cries and faints over this iconic image.

You were bad and you knew it...sensitive...humanitarian...the man that united all races, artists....the man that put leather jackets and white socks with loafer shoes on the map...you the man! The man that made GOOD music!

RIP MJ. Only God knows.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 26, 2009

You know they were talking about all the money he owes...remember a lot of his debt will just go unpaid now because of his death. Don't forget now all those "collectibles" will come with a price tag as well. The kids may not be as rich (money wise) as he was, but I don't think they'll be living in the dumps either. I just see this as a whole new generation enjoying his music...downloading songs, buying cds and what not. I mean up until last nite does anyone remember when a MJ song was played on the radio or MTV?!?! I know my lil ones are enjoying the videos as well!!! Other than the dancing in the videos I did hear someone mention that it is nice to be able to listen to his music with the whole family whether it be grandparents to grandchildren...a rarity, especially with the type of music that is out now!!!

ANY ONE LOVING THE FACT THAT MTV IS ACTUALLY PLAYING MUSIC FOR A CHANGE!!! ( I should say good music)

9. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jun 26, 2009

Speaking of MJ's finances CNN was reporting last night that he owns half of the BEatles catalogue, a lot of Elvis' catalogue, the copyrights to immeasurable amounts of music on the market today, and that all of the profit from selling those items will go into a fund for his children regardless of his debt. I think his children will be more than taken care of. He loved his kids and surely made provisions for that situation. Say waht you want about him, there is no doubt that he was a great musician, and that he loved his children. May he rest in peace. :(

10. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Jun 26, 2009

TMZ is supposed to stream the 911 call at 2:00 eastern time according to Fox News.

11. teacher333

teacher333 Devotee

Jun 26, 2009

It's a shame that a person with this amount of talent - and now comes all the "dirt" - pills, drugs, bizarre lifestyle. They did an interview with Donny Osmond, who you would not think would be friends with Michael Jackson, but because they had both experienced what it was like to be famous at such a young age, they bonded. I feel very sad as this will not be laid to rest for probably another 6 weeks, until the toxicology reports come in to confirm what was in his system. Shades of Anna Nicole!