messy room...DUH

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by tamikins, Oct 28, 2009.

1. tamikins

tamikins Rookie

Oct 28, 2009

Today was just like any other day except my class allowed me to teach them stuff for a whole hour straight which was a great surprise for me! So I rewarded them with being able to play with whatever they wanted in the classroom while I worked with kids individually in their books.

Anywho i was just minding my own business when the coordinator pops her little sick head in. she was like....ur class is messy! i looked at her and i gave her the "No **** sherlock" look. i mean come on they are playing with legos and puzzles i have 16 kids in a room a little bigger than my bedroom with like a 7 x 4 foot playing area! i dont mind if they get a little messy as long as they clean up in the end which they always do!! Jesus that woman is out to get me!

i just needed to get that out of my system!

3. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Oct 28, 2009

Yikes...I hate when people don't understand early childhood. YES they are messy. YES they are loud. As long as they are under control, it's FINE!

4. tamikins

tamikins Rookie

Oct 28, 2009

i know and the thing is our school is only made up of KINDERGARTEN! If she cant stand the messyness than how come shes working here? This isnt the first time i had problems with her...and it seems its only with me! she never complains to the other classes like this!

5. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Oct 28, 2009

Dear Lord, tell her to GET OVER HERSELF. They are five. When it's time to clean up, we clean up, but when we're working, we make a mess. All good artists do. Cooks do too. A GOOD mess is the sign that GOOD work is going on! :D

6. MandaNicole01

MandaNicole01 Habitué

Oct 28, 2009

Organized chaos! That's what I call it! :)

7. kellyrosebud

kellyrosebud Rookie

Oct 28, 2009

You could say, "And you'd be amazed at how well they clean up too! It's very impressive."

Toot their horn!! Maybe annoying coordinator lady will praise them instead of criticize you.

8. mrsammieb

mrsammieb Devotee

Oct 28, 2009

I hung a sign I found at a craft store that says:
    Please excuse the noise and the mess, We are making happy memories here!

It sums it all up!

9. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Oct 28, 2009

I :love:Love:love: that "A GOOD mess is the sign GOOD work is going on! I think I'm gonna have a plaque made of that for my room!

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Oct 29, 2009

That is cute. I think I need to make me a sign that says that and put that out in the hall or on my door one!