Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by blazer, Dec 25, 2019.

1. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Dec 25, 2019

Well Santa made it to the UK so hopefully you are now waking up to see what he has carried over to your side of the pond.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 25, 2019

Merry Christmas!

blazer and Tired Teacher like this.
  4. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 25, 2019

We are having a quiet day at home with just the two of us. We did all of our celebrating and visiting yesterday.

blazer and Tired Teacher like this.
  5. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Dec 26, 2019

Merry Christmas! I hope you all had good ones! It is so nice to be able to just chill. We really are fortunate to have holidays off. I need to remember that when I get irked about something at work.

blazer and whizkid like this.
  6. whizkid

whizkid Groupie

Dec 26, 2019

It has been nice. I have taken countless naps and they have been incredible. No one bothering me, no children, watching a movie and reading tonight, getting ready for a big Saturday of football. Haven't gotten around to playing my new video games yet but it's coming. Still have 10 days and 5 hours left on the break. Got to enjoy it.

7. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Dec 27, 2019

I have found myself sleeping long hours too. It feels so good to be well rested. I don't think we always notice how much the system depletes us of energy!

whizkid and futuremathsprof like this.
  8. whizkid

whizkid Groupie

Dec 27, 2019

I say we get at least a week off every month. Matter of fact, we get out for Xmas and don't come back until the first Monday in February.

Tired Teacher likes this.
  9. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Groupie

Dec 27, 2019

I'd vote for that! I have always just thought it'd be nice to have 1 day off every 2 weeks as a catch up day. But, really, that would not give us the rest we need! January is the month I start counting down the weeks until summer vacation now. :) Our spring break is only 1 week which is not enough time for me to rest and have fun! :)
    I saw a really sweet lady though working on Christmas Eve day and it reminded me how fortunate we are. Even both of my kids who have good paying jobs did not get more than 3 days off. My son fell asleep after Christmas dinner and had to leave by 9 because he had to work the next day. He is at a point now though that he gets as much vacation time as teachers get in the summer. He just uses it differently.

whizkid likes this.
  10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Dec 27, 2019

DH is an early riser. He gets up by 5 most days. I’m a night owl. I’ve been up before 11 every day, though. We got out Christmas decorations put up today, so it’s nice to have the house back in order.

I like that we both have two weeks off. We like having time off together. Our spring and fall breaks don’t match.