Mental Health Days

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, May 26, 2016.

1. Kat.

Kat. Companion

Oct 2, 2018

Thank you, and to be honest this was after a full year of bad luck from Harvey and family emergencies and other personal issues. I’ve never been so ready for a new year because at this point I either laugh or cry when the next thing happens!

Wells Fargo told me ten business days...it took the full ten of course! I did get it back though, thankfully!

Backroads and futuremathsprof like this.
  2. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Oct 3, 2018

I can use my days off however I like, but our admin strongly encourages us to plan them ahead in order to find coverage for our classroom. I work in a charter school and we do not have a sub pool. If I'm out, my assistants are usually left by themselves. Of course, they are perfectly capable of running my classroom, but life is easier if we are all here. I usually take one "personal" day a year that I do not plan. I do plan days off for doctors appointments or the like, but usually only once or twice a year. I work two jobs so even if I call off one, I still have to work the other so there's really no point.

3. futuremathsprof

futuremathsprof Aficionado

Oct 3, 2018

So glad to hear the second part! It’s about time your luck turned around.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Oct 5, 2018

Wells Fargo is a real pain. They left our area,thank goodness but they like to play games with their customers. They take forever for deposits to clear so by the time they feel like putting your money into your account, money is taken out of your account for bills and then you are liable to get an overdraft and of course a FEE. This happened to my husband before he smartened up and changed banks!!

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Oct 5, 2018

I'm taking a mental health day on Monday to spend time with my brother and his family. My plans are ready to go and the entire faculty (it's a small school) will cover my absence.

dgpiaffeteach likes this.
  6. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Oct 22, 2018

Got one in today, next Friday and a day the week after that.

7. Backroads

Backroads Aficionado

Oct 22, 2018

My husband sometimes travels for work. It's not unheard of for the boss to pay for spouses. I may save mine for a good location.

Aces likes this.
  8. Aces

Aces Habitué

Oct 22, 2018

I'm not gonna lie at all. If Boston looses the world series....I'm gonna need like a week off....

But yeah i went with my husband on a trip to California last year. It was nice.

Backroads and Joyful! like this.
  9. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Oct 23, 2018

I try to save mine for date travel with my husband. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.
    Last year, I took a day off to decorate my Christmas tree, fever, laryngitis and all. :) It was that or Santa would have arrived to the saddest tree ever. ;) Did I feel guilty all day? Yup. Did I enjoy my decorating? Yup. Did it take me three days to get everything back in order at school? Yup. Did I answer 7 texts and 3 emails during the day relative to stuff that was in my sub plans, my student's behavior and other things school related? Yup.
    For me a mental health day creates more stress than it does relief. Will I still take one? Yup, especially if it involves a trip to the World Series. :)

Backroads and txmomteacher2 like this.
  10. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Oct 28, 2018

Can't wait til Thursday, last day of the week for me, going out of town and getting a room to enjoy a full day of college football, great food and snacks! Getting my bags ready Thursday night! Can't wait!

11. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Nov 1, 2018

Bags ready and loaded up! Just waiting on 1:30 p.m. to get out of town!

catnfiddle likes this.
  12. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 4, 2018

Hope you had fun!

13. whizkid

whizkid Cohort

Nov 11, 2018

Oh yes, I had a great time! Taking another in January!