MeMoves!

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by bethechange, Sep 3, 2011.

1. bethechange

bethechange Comrade

Sep 3, 2011

Anyone using MeMoves? I used the free sample from the website during ESY and I just bought the CD/DVD for the school year.

I'm so curious to hear everyone's experiences with this! Typically we do a relaxation period after lunch/gym, and my kids LOVE this.

Anyone used the ipad App? Thoughts?

3. Emily Bronte

Emily Bronte Groupie

Sep 3, 2011

Not yet, but thinking about giving it a try this year.

4. jkentjsloan

jkentjsloan New Member

Sep 14, 2011

:love: We love it in our room. I bought it specifically for one student with Autism to get her to open up more and be more social. I really worked for her because she will all of a sudden initiate conversations and answer questions. She was our MeMoves Leader!!! I have seen other improvements for other students as well. I have students that have watched the other students doing things but have not been capable of joining in but with MeMoves it gives them great confidence because everyone can do MeMoves or at least a part of it!!! For most of my student it really gets them geared up for their next task and gets them ready to truly focus. This is a way of getting them mentally ready for the next transition. When I first got it I was afraid that it would be a waste of money but after giving it a try I was pleasantly surprised at how effective it was. It only needs about 5-10 minutes to be effective and it needs adult participation for the kids to buy into it!!! In my opinion...worth the money...definitely!!!

5. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2011

I wonder if I can get the DVD from a library. I think it would help some of my students.

6. mrsose

mrsose New Member

Sep 25, 2011

MeMoves is Amazing!

I started using MeMoves on the iPad last year of my classroom. I used it to help some students calm themselves and prepare for tests.
    I then began using the DVD with my whole class. The students would immediately become calm and focused. I have also met the developers and they are incredible, if you ever have the opportunity to meet them, take it. I love MeMoves!