memory makers

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Guest, May 27, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

May 27, 2003

I want to use the last few days of school for creating fun memory makers. Does anyone have any web sites or ideas for using things like photos, paints, etc. for creating something like this?

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

May 27, 2003

One of my teachers used a scrap of wall paper and copied all our classmates photos 2 per page and one day we spent the afternoon finding our picture and writing something next to it for that person. Like... Susie you are a great friend and a great soccer player. It didn't have to be to long... she gave us a time limit. I still have it to this day and it is fun to look back at my friends and the things they said.

4. Margo

Margo Devotee

May 27, 2003

I made memory shirts with my kindergarten class. Everyone brought it a plain white tee shirt. Then my assistant wrote their names, the name of the school (initials) and the year 2003 on the front in 3D paint. Then I had each child sign their name with a fabric pen on everyone else's shirt. When they are all done, each child has a shirt with their classmates names on it. Of course I do one for myself. We all wore our shirts on the second to last day of school. They all looked so cute. I took pictures and had many comments from other teachers. I try to encourage the parents to send a shirt a size larger than the child is currently wearing so they won't outgrow it too soon. I think all the kids and parents enjoy this memento.

5. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

May 27, 2003

We did something like what Margo said but we each had a shirt and I made boxes on ecah shirt with each child's name on it in all the boxes (we have a small class) and each child went to each shirt, found their box, and drew a picture of themselves in it. Then ecah xchild has a picture of what efveryone looked like!